Chapter Thirty 'Forgiveness'

A/n
Sorry it's late my lovelies! Every time I went to start it something would interrupt me and I ended up forgetting. It would have been out earlier but it's Father's Day today so I was out with my family.

Ember's POV
I was a complete and utter nervous wreck.
Mr J had been gone for five hours, five very long hours. He promised he'd be back soon for family time but that obviously wasn't the case. My head was splitting from peanut constantly questioning where daddy was and how much she loved him. It was cute but sometimes it actually hurt.
He was hardly ever here!
I was the one raising her, feeding her and playing with her yet she still favoured him so much.
Maybe it was selfish of me to feel this way but I can't lie when I say it really hurt.
I could live with it though! As long as she was happy, healthy and surrounded by love then nothing else mattered.

"Mammy!" Peanuts voice called out knocking me from my thoughts as she gently pulled on one of my curls.
"Yes my love?" I smiled looking down at her.
"Tea! Tea!" She replied eagerly holding up one of her plastic cups.
"Thank you Peanut!" I exclaimed holding my hand over my heart making her giggle.
Taking the cup I held it up to my lips and began to pretend whatever was in it was the best thing I had ever had.

"Mmmm wow Peanut that was so yummy! Thank you my little tea maker!" I grinned handing her the cup while placing a kiss on her chubby cheek.
"Mammy, daddy home?" She whimpered, tears gathering in her blue eyes.
"Awww sweetheart daddy will be home soon I promise, come here!" I tried to reassure her, gathering her up in my arms and singing softly.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away"

"I wuv you mammy" she sniffled, snuggling into me making my heart burst.
"I love you too peanut, more than anything" I whispered kissing her head.
Looking down I saw her slowly beginning to close her eyes.
"Hey! Don't be going to sleep, you've already had a nap" I said soft but sternly, ready to battle her at any second.
She was getting good at all nighters like her father but I was going to put an end to that especially if she was going to be starting nursery/kindergarten soon.
Speaking of which I needed to actually talk to Mr J about that because I wasn't sure how school worked if you were the child of one of the most wanted criminals in the world and surely the risk of Batman taking her again was high.
Obviously I wanted her to attend school and make friends but her safety was my top priority.

"Mammy!" Peanut sighed bitterly, reluctantly opening her eyes.
"I'm sorry baby but you gotta stay awake until bed time, how about we play some more?" I tried to entice her pointing to all the toys she had scattered about.
"Ok mammy!" She agreed jumping up from my lap and running towards her dolls.
Following her we once again began playing, both secretly losing hope that Mr J would return home today.

A while later I heard the front door open and slam close making both me and peanut freeze. Turning around we watched the lounge door closely.
"LITTLE DOLLS?" His cheerily voice called out causing my heart to flutter widely.
I hated that he still had this effect on me.
"In he......DADDYYYYY!" I began only to be cut off by an overly excited two year old.
Laughing quietly at her cuteness I watched him appear through the door.