Chapter Nineteen 'Beautiful Stranger'

Ember's POV
Time seemed to stand still as Mr J and I continued to stare at this stranger. She was defiantly beautiful, I could see why she had captured his attention.
My heart was torn in two, did he know her or was she just a new piece of eye candy?
All I knew is that I wanted him to stop!
He was looking at her with such admiration, like she was the most beautiful woman to walk the earth.
Tears gathered in my eyes and turning to Mr J I tapped his arm.
"Daddy!" I choked out trying my best to get his attention but he seemed to block me out, ignoring my calls and nudges.
"Daddy!" I tried once more, my voice louder this time but he continued to ignore me and instead leaned forward so he could take a closer look.

I could feel everyone else's eyes burning into the two of us and looking around I saw they had noticed what was going on.
Frosty and Harley looked enraged as they looked towards the girl and then back to us. That's when the first tears began to flow cutting tracks through my make up. Letting out a sob I looked down at my trembling hands and legs trying to process the whole situation.
'Why would he....' even my own thoughts were cut off by my sobs.
"Mistah J!" I heard Harley snap and looking towards her I saw her glaring right at him.
She was livid!
"Hey puddin snap out of it would ya!" She continued, her voice getting colder and colder.

"Ember?" Frost whispered softly, a look of pity on his face.
"Could you take me home please?" I practically begged, sniffling loudly as my heartbeat deafened me.
Noticing the look of heartbreak on my face Harley shot up from her seat and grabbed the nearest drink. I watched shell shocked as she raised her hand and tipped the drink over Mr J's head, completely soaking him to the core.
This seemed to knock him out his trance!
"HARLEYYYY!" He roared turning his glare on her.

This seemed to knock him out his trance! "HARLEYYYY!" He roared turning his glare on her

"Oops sorry puddin I Slipped!" She giggled with a sneer not backing down.

It was too much! I needed to get out of here!
Standing up on shaky legs I slowly began making my way towards the beaded curtain.
"And where do you think you're going little doll?!" I heard him call out making more tears fall.
Ah so now he noticed his 'little doll'
"Anywhere but here!" I whimpered trying to control my voice so he didn't know I was crying but I didn't do a good job.
"What is it little doll?" He questioned as I heard him stand up from his seat.
"Just leave me alone!" I snapped storming out towards the roof door.

Throwing open the door I walked out onto into the warm night air. I always seemed to end up on this roof in bad situations. First the attack, second Diamond being kidnapped by Batman who saved me from the first attack and now this. Seriously this club was bad luck or maybe it was just me........

"Ember!" I jumped slightly as a deep voice echoed from behind me.
Quickly turning around I decided to confront the person.
"Alexander what are you doing out here?" I frowned in confusion.
"I came to see if you were alright and looking at you I already know the answer" Alexander sighed sadly taking in my tear soaked face.
"I'm fine" I whispered looking down at my feet.
"You do realise that fine means not fine at all" he grunted, eyebrow raised.
"Huh, what do you mean?" I enquired.
"Well the majority of the time people who say they're fine are suffering quite badly but don't want people sticking their noses in" he explained with a sad smile.
"So why are you sticking your nose in?" I muttered feeling slightly irritated.
"Because I care" he whispered taking a step closer to me.
"You don't even know me!" I exclaimed glaring at him intently.

Letting out a sigh he closed the distance between us and looked down, deep into my eyes.
"But I'd like to! Let me be your friend Ember" Alexander smiled with a hint of desperation in his tone.
"Why do you want to be my friend?" I questioned feeling my heart begin to protest.
"This lifestyle is incredibly hard. You're suffering I can see it! All I want is to help you and offering my friendship is my first step" he explained placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Ok I'll be your friend" I blurted out before I could stop myself.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a little piece of paper before extending it to me.
"Here that's my number! If you ever need me, call I'll always be waiting on the other end" he smiled.
"Thank you!" I whispered beginning to cry again and I took the paper from him.

"What's going on here?!" Mr J's cold voice called out.
Hiding the paper within my bra I stepped round Alexander to face him.

"Nothing daddy we were just talking" I whispered before giving him an reassuring grin

"About?!" He demanded his face twisting dangerously.
"I was just wishing her a happy birthday J nothing more" Alexander butted in coming to my defence.
"Come on little doll, we're going home!" He ordered pointing his cane to the door.
Nodding my head I didn't dare say bye to Alexander in case Mr J blew up.
Walking towards him he pushed me through the roof exit.

Just as we were about to reach the door leading into the club he grabbed my arm tightly making me cry out. Ignoring my protest he brought me to him until my back was against his chest and I could feel his breath on my ear.
"If I ever catch you conversing alone with him again I'll rip your tongue out! Do You Understand?!" Mr J snapped.
"Yes daddy" I whimpered, chills running down my spine at the threat.
"Good! Now Move!" He barked pushing me forwards once again.

The car ride home was silent and tense. I refused to speak or even look at him!
I physically couldn't bring myself to do it because every time I went to the image of that girl came to my head and the way he looked at her.
Once we parked up I quickly jumped out the car, slamming the door behind me and storming into the house.
I needed to get away from him!
So much for a nice birthday, this was awful!

Reaching the top of the stairs I made my way down the hallway until I got to peanuts room. As quietly as possible I turned the handle of the door and slowly crept inside.
Making my way to her bed, I saw that she was in a deep peaceful sleep.
My beautiful little peanut, how did I get so lucky?
She was everything I needed.
Before I could stop myself I gently scooped her out of bed and held her to me, humming softly as she began to stir. Realising it was me she snuggled closer and quickly fell back to sleep.

Carrying her into my room I laid her gently on the bed and kicking my heels off I climbed in and wrapped my arms tightly around her, burying my face in her hair. Just as I was about to fall asleep I heard the door open. It was him I knew it! Like always the air around me became dark and suffocating.
All I wanted was for him to go away but instead he got into the bed and pulled me and Diamond to him.
"Happy Birthday little doll, I love you" he purred kissing my neck.
"I love you too" I whispered back as a tear ran down my face.

A/n
Hey dolls! I'm going on holiday until next Friday.
I'm taking my iPad with me so I can continue to write chapters but they may not get put up until I can find wifi.
I'm sorry but don't worry I'll still be writing! 💖