Chapter Eighteen 'Little Doll'

Ember POV
"Daddy!" I shrieked grabbing onto the sides of my seat until my knuckles became white, the blood supply to my fingers dramatically cut off as I held on for dear life.
"Yes little doll?" He spat, his teeth gritted together in extreme anger.
"Please slow down!" I begged, my voice becoming hysterical.
Instead he put his foot right down on the pedal making the car increase to a speed I didn't think was possible.
I was completely terrified!
The road and the cars on it were one big blur. I was sure we were going to crash and end up splattered in tiny pieces along the highway. There was no way you could see anything at this speed unless you were superhuman.

"Slow down!" I tried again only for it to go through one ear and out the other.
We were going to die!
Why couldn't he think of our Peanut for once?! If we died who would look after her, she needed us!
Him putting his life at risk would one day tear our family apart, I knew it. We couldn't afford to live life in the 'fast lane' anymore.
"Daddy please!" My sobs echoed around the car but he refused to acknowledge them instead he continued to glare straight ahead, determined to get to the club.

I had no idea what had happened but I knew I didn't want to die on my 23rd birthday.
It must have been bad for him to react like this.
"Daddy!"
Why wasn't he listening to me?!
I couldn't take it anymore!
"SLOW DOWN!" I screamed reaching breaking point.

Letting out a roar he slammed his foot on the break throwing my forwards. A cry of agony left my lips as my seatbelt choked and burned my throat.
"Why?" I managed to get out after a few moments of silence.
"Youuuu told me to!" He snarled.
"I told you to slow down not stop! Are you trying to kill us?!" I spat at him, tears streaming down my face.
"Do you have any idea how much money I've lost little dollll?" His voice boomed making me flinch.
"N..no...w...wh...what's...h..hap...happened?" I stuttered edging to the far corner of my seat in the fear that he'd strike me.
Ever since he had brutally slashed me I had been extremely careful around him, acting like a pathetic lap dog to appease him.
"Five million! I lost FIVE MILLION! DO YOU SEE WHY I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY NOW EMBER HUH?!" He roared making me sob louder.
"I'm sorry" I whimpered helplessly.
"Aaaand just last week I lost three million! SOMEONE is trying to fuck with me so do me a favour and SHUT UP!" He continued to scream.
Nodding my head I stayed quiet but the tears refused to stop. Turning away from him I stared out the window, my body shaking in fear.
Why did I think my birthday would make him treat me any better?
It was never going to change and to make things worse I was stuck?
I couldn't run and hide, he'd find me straight away.
I hated this life!
Mr J let out a sigh before taking of again, this time more slowly.

After a few tense minutes we pulled up outside the club. Letting out a deep breath I reach for the handle only to be stopped by Mr J's hand wrapping around my wrist.
"Little doll" he purred.
"Yes?" I whimpered still silently crying as I turned and looked at him.
"Don't cry little doll! Daddy's not mad at you! Birthday girls aren't supposed to cry! Smile for me, come on baby smile for daddy!" He cheered raising his tattooed hand to my face.