Chapter Fifty Three 'Dress Fitting'

Ember's POV
Breakfast was awkward......extremely awkward....
For once I didn't feel the need to let my nervous giggle come out, no instead I wanted to cry, scream and finally tell Joker how much of a piece of shit he was. I couldn't do it though, not while Peanut was beaming at me from across the table instantly putting a smile on my face.
"Wuv you mamma!" She squealed with a grin before stuffing her cheeks with food.
"I love you more my darling girl" I whispered with a smile, trying my hardest not mask my sadness.
It bewildered me that Mr J didn't think Diamond was enough, she would always be enough and more to me. I knew he loved her more than anything and I felt bad for second guessing that love but my mind was in complete overdrive. All I had to do was look at her little face and images of her being left out while Mr J and Melody played with their child crushed me, it felt like my heart was being pulled out my chest.
Until the day I die I would make sure that sweet angel never felt alone and there was always someone there to smoother her with love even when she's a moody teenager I would still baby her I knew it.

"Are you well little doll? You seem a bit....off this morning" Mr J frowned looking at me intently.
"Erm...yeah I'm fine, just tired...." I nodded trying my best to avoid eye contact and instead focused my attention on his chest tattoos.
He wasn't buying it I could tell from his sigh but for once he let it go and just leaned back in his chair staring at me yet remaining silent. This whole situation was very odd, I wasn't sure how to feel. Everything was built on suspicion I couldn't exactly bring it up if it wasn't the whole truth, it would just start an unwanted fight between us and I didn't want that not when everything was going so well.

"Are you excited for today Peanut?" I chirped turning my attention back to her.
She looked like she was about to get excited because of my tone but suddenly remembered she had no idea what was going on so she went back to eating....defiantly my child.
"What's happening today?" Mr J frowned resting his elbows on the table and looking at my expectantly.
"Me and Diamond have our final dress fitting" I smiled sweetly wiping the sides of my mouth.
"Dress fitting for what exactly?!"

"Harley and Ivy's wedding!" I grinned before glaring at him as he scoffed and threw himself back banging hard on the table

"Is that facade stilllll happening?" He rolled his eyes in a bored tone.
"Yes it's still happening! You know why? Because they love each other and are committed enough in their relationship to get married. Some people do actually like to commit to their partners!" I snapped shaking my head in disbelief.
He was such an arsehole!

"Correct me if I'm wrong little doll but I asked you to marry me and you said no!" He snarled leaning forwards.
"No! No!" Diamond demanded pointing her finger at him and frowning.
"You didn't want to marry me that's why I said no" I bit out calmly trying to ease the negative atmosphere around Peanut.
"Yet I was willing to go through with it, I think you better stop pointing fingers here Ember and look closer to home girl!" He whispered roughly, his face twisting in fury.