Chapter Fifty Two 'Sleep'

Ember's POV
"What........no.....it.....can't.......no" was all I managed to stutter out as I looked at Abby like she had gained five heads.
This couldn't be true could it?
I was at a lost, I couldn't understand where Abby had got this ludicrous idea from.
Why would Mr J be using Melody to have a baby?
My mind was completely boggled and I had no idea how to process this information.

"I'm sorry Ember, I didn't mean to startle you let's just forget I said anything" Abby exclaimed with a worried look on her face as she grabbed my hand.
"No, I can't forget it now please tell me why you think this, I really need to know" I smiled sadly at her before looking down at Diamond.
Weren't we enough for him anymore?

"Well I only thought of it the other day but what does Joker want more than anything right now? A baby! It's obvious! You're not ready for one, he keeps asking, you delay so he's found a girl who's personality is just like yours. I know we hate her but Melody overall is sweet, quiet and does everything he asks of her. She doesn't look like you though hence why he's made her dye her hair and put in brown contacts. It's as if he's trying to convince himself that she is you and once the baby is here he will get rid of her" Abby explained quietly.

Now it all made sense!
Was she right?
Everything she said was true, Mr J had changed Melody to look like me and he wanted a baby so badly. Maybe this was his business with her in a twisted way but did she know? Was Melody agreeable to it or had she been blinded just like me?

"I think you might be right Abby! God knows he wants a baby, it's all he talks about. Every opportunity he has he's asking me to have another and it's not that I don't want one, I'd honestly love another baby but it's not ideal. My poor Peanut has been exposed to enough disarray and it wouldn't be fair to expose another baby to it especially now Mr J has become more violent. Our home is not a good place to bring up children, I knew that when we conceived Diamond and I tried so hard to convince myself it would be different. He will never change so why should I give him the gift of life when he continues to drain mine. Plus even if Melody does fall pregnant does he honestly expect me to stay and raise the baby with him?" I ranted digging my nails into my palms, it felt like my insides were about to explode!

"Would you though Ember? Would you raise the baby with him?" Abby sighed.

The answer was yes, I would raise the baby if Melody wasn't there.
I would hate Mr J for the rest of my life but there was no way in hell I would leave a defenceless child in the hands of The Joker. A baby has no control over who's blood runs through their veins so why would I be cruel enough to despise an innocent child. Maybe I could take the baby with me and Diamond when I finally escape. I could give them the perfect loving home where they wouldn't have to fear their safety and I would love the child the same as Diamond.
I know it may seem wild to some people but the motherly instincts inside me could not leave any abandoned child no matter where they came from.

Instead of spilling all this out to Abby I just looked at her helplessly like I had no idea what to think or feel which was true. I had never felt more stuck and sad apart from the time Peanut was taken from me, nothing would ever compare to that.
Why was my life so crap? I never had any luck whatsoever!
I was exhausted, completely exhausted......
"Why don't we try to forget this conversation and order a Chinese? Food makes everything better!" Abby cheered jumping to her feet startling Diamond who was still quietly playing.
"That would be amazing!" I giggled at a Peanut as she glared at Abby and climbed onto me lap.
"I'm sorry little peanut! Would you like some food too?" Abby cooed tickling under her chin.
Hearing her favourite word Diamond went off.......

"YES! FOOD! ME WANT! ME WANT! FOODDDDDDD! MAMMYYY ME EAT!" She squealed loudly clapping her hands in excitement.
"Ok darling I'll take that as a yes" I chuckled kissing her golden curls.
Not to be bias or anything but I did have the greatest child ever, she was my everything.

I knew Mr J expected me to come home quite early yet I couldn't bring myself to move from Abby's sofa. Even after we had ate and rested I still refused to leave. Instead I spent the rest of my day there and before I knew it the clocked read 9pm.
Diamond had passed out ages ago, luckily Abby had some pyjamas for her from their sleepovers so she was comfortably resting. I would normally feel bad about keeping her out so late but she was at Abby's and happy to be.
"I should probably get going" I sighed reluctantly stretching my legs out and yawning.
"You guys can stay here the night, you're more than welcome" Abby smiled looking down at Diamond who was sprawled out on her lap.
"Mr J would have a heart attack, he's getting old now you know" I grinned forcing myself to stand.
"Yet he still looks twenty" she tutted shaking her head and standing too.
"He acts like he's ninety though" I giggled carefully taking Peanut off Abby.

We quietly walked towards the door and out into the garden trying not to wake Diamond up.
Opening the car I slowly put Diamond into her booster seat and fastened it up before turning to Abby and pulling her into a tight hug.
"I'll see you soon" she chirped holding me just as tight.
"Defiantly, love you sweetcheeks" I grinned pulling away and opening the driver side door.
"Love you too" she smiled giving me a wave.

The ride home was long but not long enough!
The closer I got to the house the more dread ran through me, I had no idea how I was going to act around him.
To be honest I needed to pretend everything was great until I got more information on the situation but could I keep it up without spilling what I was really feeling. A part of me was angry yet I also pitied him just because of how much he wanted a baby. Mr J may be evil but he wanted to feel loved just as much as everyone else.
I still wanted to rip Melody's face off, she was ruining my life along side him.
For now I would be the adult and guide the little shits out of trouble before I rang their necks.

Parking up I quickly slipped into the house and made my way up to Peanut's room, luckily she didn't wake up once and kissing her cheeks I left her to dream.
A little sigh left my lips as I walked into my room, that soon turned into a quiet scream as I flicked on the light.
Mr J was fast asleep in my bed well he was until I screamed.
Rubbing his eyes he sat up and stared at me.
"Where have you been all this time?" He demanded not looking impressed.

 "Sorry I lost track of time plus Abby has the best sofa ever" I smiled nervously hoping he didn't make a fight out of this

"Just go get ready and come to bed little doll" he sighed throwing himself back down.
"Yes daddy" I whispered heading into my bathroom.

I took my time wiping my make up off and putting my pyjamas on, I didn't want to sleep in the same bed as him. I needed space to think which I couldn't do when he was around. He invaded all my senses and stopped me from being myself. I still didn't understand how I could love someone just as much as I despised them.
Slowly but surely I slipped in bed besides him and tried not to flinch and as gathered me up in his arms, burying his head in my hair. Mr J feel asleep instantly but I laid there staring into the darkness.
There would be no sleep for me tonight...............

A/n
Sorry guys uni is kicking my ass, I work all day and then come home and pass out. I'm trying though 💖