Chapter Ninty Four 'Bad Apologies'

Joker was livid!
Actually livid was an understatement right now.
How dare that silly little woman march into his office and try to tell him how to handle Ember, how to handle his household!
He didn't care if Abby was the wife of his friend, she was stepping out of line and he wouldn't stand for that especially when the issue involved Ember. She didn't need to know the truth, in all honesty it wasn't important right now.

As Joker paced his office, pulling on his hair in frustration he heard light taps on the door causing him to spin around, face twisted in anger.
"WHAT?!" He roared, his eyes cold and cruel before suddenly softening at the sight of Ember slowly entering the room equipped with her wheelchair.
"What is it little doll?" He spoke more softly this time yet his anger towards her still burnt slightly.
"I thought we might talk please" Ember whispered shifting in her chair under his hot gaze.
"Very well, come in" Joker muttered beckoning her inside as he walked around his desk and sat down like he was about conduct a business meeting "What brings you to my office?" He questioned keeping his stare directly on her face.

Ember was nervous, he could read her expressions and body language like a book.
"I've came here to apologise" she smiled weakly shocking him, he had not been expecting that.
He had thought she would be here to argue once again about him trying to help her recover, honestly at this point he thought she actually might like him being horrible to her.
Instead of replying Joker slowly nodded his head and waited for her to continue with this apology she had for him.

"I know lately I've been very stubborn, rude.....basically I've been a bitch and I just want to say I am really really sorry and I do appreciate everything you have been doing to help me on my recovery journey. I also want to thank you for this chair, I don't like it but it's not about the chair, it's about what it means yet it is going to help me greatly so thank you again. From now on I am going to try my best to be civil....with you" Ember apologised, wincing internally at how bad and awkward it was.
She meant every word but she didn't really know what to say, she wasn't usually the one apologising.

Joker tried to hold it in for as long as he could until he couldn't take no more.
Staring at her clenched up, awkward face and pleading eyes he found himself bursting into a fit of laughter. That was one of the most terrible apology he had ever witnessed and he cherished every single second of it, oh how the rolls had been reversed.

 That was one of the most terrible apology he had ever witnessed and he cherished every single second of it, oh how the rolls had been reversed

"Why are you laughing?" Ember frowned in confusion not knowing what to do.
"Ahahahahaaaaaaaa! My poor sweet doll save your apologies all is forgiven! Just maybe practice in the mirror from time to time" Joker continued to laugh as he stood up and walked towards her.

Taking her face in his hands he placed a kiss on her forehead, giggling as he pulled away.
"Was it really that bad?" Ember murmured placing her face in her hands dramatically before laughing.
"You're just more talented at other things that don't include apologising ahahahahaaaaaaaaa!"

"Ok ok stop laughing funny man" Ember grinned looking up at him and shaking her head.
"I'm sorry little doll" Joker pouted looking remorseful "See! That's what you call an apology!"
"Oh ha ha ha" Ember stuck her tongue out giving him a slight push.

"There is something else I must ask you about" Ember spoke up after a few moments of laughing alongside J.
"Anything little doll" Joker replied cupping her face once again, eyes full of love and admiration.
"Is Alexander still alive?" Ember whispered, hesitation in her voice as her face grew sad.
"Barely but yes he is" Joker sighed brushing her cheek softly.
"And is he here?" She continued taking comfort in his touch, feeling her heart pounding in fear.
"Yes"
His reply was short but it was enough to freeze her in place.
He was here.......
That monster was here......

"I want you to kill him, I want you to finish it" Ember ordered strongly suddenly appearing fierce and determined.
"Of course, anything for you little doll" Joker smirked evilly as the image of Alexander's dead body at his feet appeared in his head causing the clown to shiver in delight.

"I need you to do it as soon as possible, he plagues my mind and I don't feel safe with him here especially with Diamond being under the same roof. I know you can protect us from him but the nightmares are getting worse....I just want him gone....please J" Ember whimpered, tears brimming her eyes.

"Sssshhhh now little doll I will do it, we will make those nightmares go away" Joker cooed gently kissing her cheeks and pulling her into his chest.
"I'm sorry for crying, stupid tears!" Ember sniffled with a giggle whipping her face.
"You cry more than anyone I've ever met" J mumbled rocking her slightly.
"I know! I'm just an emotional bag of deranged hormones, it only got worse when I had a baby" Ember sighed pulling away from his embrace.
"Why don't weeeeeeeee go see that baby of ours?" Joker smiled suddenly taking the handles of her wheelchair and spinning it around.
"I'd love that!"

As they made their way down the hallway Ember found herself thinking back to Abby's and Joker's argument. She now understood the cause of it, maybe.....
She wasn't one hundred percent sure but there was something in her that just screamed Alexander. Perhaps Abby wanted to tell her he was here yet Joker had refused to until now. Yet Ember's stomach was still churning in curiosity and nervousness, maybe there was something more going on within this house.
She needed to see Abby but for now it was time to play it safe.

"Tell me little doll, how do you want me to kill him?" Joker growled breaking Ember from her thoughts.
"In the most painful way possible, I want him to suffer until the very last second! I want him to feel everything, I want him to feel what I felt when he ripped my baby from my arms! I also want him to think I'm dead, that will hurt him the most since he claims he loves me" Ember spat feeling the bile rise in her throat.

"Wellllll would you look at that! Great minds do think alike little doll because I've already convinced him that you're dead ahahahahaaaaaaa!" Joker cackled feeling his chest swell with pride.
Was he getting his little sidekick back?
"Goodddddd I hope it's killing him!" Ember sneered feeling her other side clawing at the surface.
"He's having a hard time believing me little doll so what do you suppose we do?" Joker questioned looking down at her in wonder.

"Firstly we're going to need a coffin" Ember clapped growing excited.

'Oh this was going to be a lot of fun!' Joker thought, his twisted smile growing larger by the second as the continued towards Diamond's play room.