Chapter Forty Seven 'Going Back!'

A/n
Do any of you have the hots for Eric from the movie divergent?
God damn! He's a beautiful man I'd let him hang me over the chasm any day 😍

Ember's POV
Panic and absolute chaos surrounded me as I tried to get my head around what was happening. It felt like I was drowning and suffocating in a sea of terrified humans who had suddenly became blind with fear. Women screamed in sync as more gunshots erupted throughout the building. Their men rushed towards battle, guns in hand thinking they could save the day while the weak ones ran towards the exit, some even trampled over me on the way out causing me to quickly become breathless. I had heard horror stories of people being crushed to death and never thought I'd be in the same situation but the more scared people became the more I got hurt.
I tried to pick myself up multiple times yet got knocked down every single time.
I was scared!
My mind and body couldn't quite grasp what was going on and I found myself panicking along side all the other women.
I was completely helpless and I didn't like it one bit!

My eyes strained as I looked around for Mr J and Alex but they were no where to be seen.
Had they left me to escape on my own?
Or even worse
Were they dead?
I was certain my heart had stopped at the image of them sprawled out on the ground, bullet holes lacing their bodies as their eyes remained open empty and dead.
How would I tell Diamond her daddy wasn't coming home?
Tears brimmed my eyes causing the familiar stinging sensation in my nose.
I hated this!
I wanted to blame Mr J for everything but the thought of never seeing him again was overpowering. After everything he had done I still couldn't imagine my life without him in it.

"Ember!" I heard a voice call out from beyond the screams and gunshots.
Lifting my head up I scanned the room through blurred vision. All I saw was a mass of running heels and gentlemen shoes.
"Ember come on we've got to get out of here!"
I wasn't sure if the voice was real or in my head.
"I can't, I can't" I whispered with a small sob closing my eyes once more.
Every bone in my body was in agony and I knew I was bleeding, I could feel the hotness and stickiness of my blood running down my face.

I felt my body flinch as two strong hands grabbed my arms and quickly pulled me to my feet. I stumbled feeling a wave of vertigo wash over me making me grip the person tight, my nails digging into their skin but they refused to protest and held me steady.
It took quite a while for my senses to come back to reality, everything felt unreal and terrifying like I was stuck within a nightmare.

Relief rushed through me as I finally looked up into the eyes of my saviour and found Alex staring back at me with a look of concern.
"Ember?" He whispered breathlessly.
"Oh Alex! Thank god you're ok!" I cried out wrapping my arms around his neck and squeezing him.
Tears rushed out my eyes, at least one of them was alive but I couldn't rest until I found out what happened to Mr J.
"I'm happy to see you too Ember but this reunion will have to wait, we need to leave Now!" He spoke sternly grabbing my hand and following the last of the people towards the exit.
"Alex wait what...."
"Not now Ember! Move before I throw you over my shoulder!" Alex snapped cutting me off.
Shock filled me, he had never spoke to me like this before!
"But...." I whispered turning back to look into the hall hoping I'd see the familiar blue orbs I loved so much.
My heart broke more as I noticed it was completely empty, everyone was gone and we were the only ones left. More gunshots rang out making me yelp in pain, though I hadn't been shot knowing it could be Mr J hurt me.
What if he was in trouble and needed my help?
Why wasn't Alex with him?!

"Alex stop!" I called out squeezing his hand.
"Ember not now I said!" He sneered pulling me harder.
"We need to go back!"
Determination was overpowering, I needed to go back!
"You cannot be serious!" Alex growled yanking my arm.
Why was he being so rough?!
"I SAID STOPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed ripping myself out his grip and slamming my foot into the ground.
Turning around I saw shock come onto his face as I glared hard at him, holding my aching arm to my chest.
"Emb....."
"NO! How could you man handle me like this?!" I screeched taking a step back.
Cautiously he began to approach me and softly took my hand within his and sighed.
"I'm so sorry sweetheart you know I'd never hurt you on purpose! Please let me get you to safety, I couldn't bare anything happening to you" he whispered like he was in pain making my wall break.

"But what about Mr J he's still inside we have to go back" I tried to reason with him giving his hand a tug.
"We can't I promised him I'd protect you! Listen to me Ember, Joker is the best criminal I know he will make it out I swear!" He exclaimed as we began to play tug of war.
"I don't care! I will not leave until I know he's alive! You can run away but I am going back for him and you will not stop me!" I protested pulling away from Alex and backing up quickly.
"Ember get back here now!" He demanded roughly, his eyes flashing dangerously.
"No! If you're not going to help then just go Alexander!" I sobbed harshly as I kicked my heels off and hiked up my dress.
"Ember if he finds you in there he'll make you regret it!" Alex tried but nothing could deter me.
"I don't care! I'm sorry Alex!" I sobbed quickly turning around and sprinting as fast as I could.
"EMBER!"
"EMBER!"
I could hear Alex screaming for me but inside of turning back I blocked him out and kept running.
Another round of gunshots ran out almost knocking me back over as my ears rang. I couldn't fail now I needed to push on no matter how scared I was.
"I'm coming Mr J" I whispered, tears running over my cheeks.
I had no idea where to look or what to do but I couldn't let the man I love die alone.
I would not rest until I found him!