A Woman Scorned

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

◾◾◾

"Kennedy please!" Michael begged. He followed me through the house.

"Clarissa!!" I called out, ignoring Michael. "I just want to talk. I know you're in here!"

"Can you just listen for a second?" Michael pulled at my arm and I quickly snatched it away.

"Touch me again, Michael. Touch me one more time." I threatened.

"Can I explain-?"

"Explain what?!" I snapped. "I asked you the night at the club!! Did I not?"

"Y-" I didn't let him finish.

"I gave you the opportunity to come clean and you chose not to! Now look," I went on searching through the house. "You've completely ruined what was left of this pathetic ass marriage!!"

That made him stop in his tracks. I knew I had said just the right thing to hurt him. It couldn't be worse than how I felt right now.

"Then why did we get married?" He quietly asked.

I turned around to face him again. He looked genuinely sad. "Because I actually loved you, with everything in me. In return you continued to hurt me over and over and over again! I'm done giving you chances. So it's over, Michael!"

"Kennedy?" I turned to see a trembling Clarissa standing at the end of the hall. "I didn't mean for this to happen.."

"What?!" I gave her a puzzled look. "You didn't mean for this to happen but you allowed it to happen anyways?"

"Kennedy, I-" She began.

"Shut...up." I demanded. I no longer wanted to hear what she had to say. It was only going to piss me off even more. I rubbed my temples in frustration, trying to calm down. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't hit the girl because my temper wouldn't allow me to stop if I started amd I didn't want to be the reason why she lose her baby.

Turning back to Michael who was still standing there, I gave him look that said he'd better start explaining before somebody get popped.

"It was a mistake," He tried to explain again. "It was a one time thing and I didn't mean for it to get like this. I don't want her, I don't want anything to do with her. I just want you to come back home with me and we can work through this. Like we always do."

"Like we always do," I repeated the words, letting them linger in the air for a moment. "That's just it Michael. I'm tired of always giving you the benefit of the doubt. I deserve better than how I'm being treated."

He didn't have anything to say to that, even if he did, I didn't stick around long enough to hear. I walked out the house, not even thinking of looking back.

~

I was back at my apartment in Texas. As big as California was, I still felt like I would run into Michael anytime and anywhere which is why I moved back home. Plus I missed it here. I was officially on my own which was something I was slowly adjusting to. After my granddad passed, I had Marissa, then after her, there was Michael and when he wasn't around, I had Janet. But now, I was all alone and it was peaceful at first, now I'm wishing I had someone here to talk to.

I had stayed stuck up in that apartment for about a month finding ways to entertain myself until one night I received a call from Olivia, a general manager at one of my hotels and casinos, Bellagio.