Makeup or Breakup

After about a week of recovery, my voice was slowly getting back to normal. It was still a little raspy, but it was nothing some honey and hot tea couldn't fix.

Janet and the rest tried to reach out once they found out what happened, but I declined all calls. I knew it wasn't their fault but I just didn't want to talk about the situation anymore than I already have. Michael on the other hand, no one's heard from. No one knew where he was and that made me incredibly uneasy. Knowing that Lucky had a personal vendetta against him, I tried not to assume the worst but to be sure, I called Lucky and asked him to stop by my place.

"Kennedy." He greeted me with a curt nod as I stepped into the living room. Clarissa must've let him in because she was standing by the door eyeing him with suspicion. She's been on edge after what happened with me and Michael, so she refuses to trust anyone alone with me. At least for now that is.

"Have you seen Michael?" I asked cutting right to the chase. I didn't have time for pleasantries. All I wanted was the truth.

"Oh I'm doing swell!! Thanks for asking!!" He said in a mocking tone.

"Lucky-"

"No. I have not seen Michael and if I have, you would know." He answered.

"And I can just take your word for it?" I scoffed.

"Sweetheart, if I had seen him, you would be planning a funeral right now instead of talking to me." He stated, as a matter of fact.

"Well that's bold of you to say." Clarissa chimed in.

"How so?" He asked turning his attention to her.

"Because what if it's the other way around?" She questioned. "What if when you saw him, it would be your funeral we would be attending?"

"He couldn't touch me with a ten foot pole if his life depended on it." Lucky bragged.

"Yeah, I wouldn't be too sure about that. Everyone's Luck runs out. No pun intended." She taunted.

They went on to argue about who the better man was and who would take who out first. It was starting to get annoying. "LISTEN!" I yelled. "If anyone touches Michael, you'll have to deal with me. Understand?" I said averting my attention to Lucky.

"You had your chance to deal with him, but look what happened." Lucky looked me up and down.

"You so much as hurt a hair on jis head and I will kill you." I responded back. With nothing more to say, I left the apartment, with Lucky and Clarissa still in it, and headed to the airport. I had unfinished business to handle and it would start in California with Rebbie.

When my plane landed hours later, I decided to go straight to the house. Knowing Rebbie, she was at home doing nothing while Janet was making runs for her. As usual, I was right. I found her lounging on the sofa, nobody else home. Perfect.

"What do you want?!" She practically spat the words out as she saw me approach her.

A smile spread across my face as I slowly walked behind the sofa she was sitting on and put her in a choke hold. I had her to where she couldn't fight back but she was still able to talk...barely.

"Tell me where Michael is." I demanded.

"No!" She replied, voice slightly raspy.

"Where is he?" I asked again tightening my arm around her neck.

"I don't know!" She responded, gasping for air. I pulled out the small gun I still had that Michael gave me all those years ago, and held it right under her jaw.