Tit For Tat

Michael begged and pleaded with me for days to hear him out. He wanted to explain his side of the story but I wasn't having it. The whole time I was away, thinking he was dead or whatever, he was here jumping in and out of bed with Raé. He didn't need to explain anything. I completely understood what was going on. He was too busy cheating and making MORE enemies, that he didn't have time for anything or clearly anyone else, such as myself. Now here I am having to clean up the mess and save his ass.

I was pissed.

Scratch that. I was LIVID.

"Please listen," He begged to me one night. We were in our bedroom and I was laying down with my back to him, eyes closed. "I messed up, I know, but-"

"There's no buts, Michael," I interrupted. "You did this to us. You got us into this mess and now I, ME, have to figure out how to get us out of it!!"

"I can fix this, sweetheart, I know I can. I can fix us..." He pleaded.

I immediately shot up and turned to him shaking my head. "No, no, no, no, no!! You've done enough. You're going to let me handle everything and you'll do as I say."

I laid back down as silence fell over us. Soon after, Michael crawled into bed and started humming a song. By the time he finished, I had finally gathered enough strength to ask, "Were you even going to tell me?"

More silence ensued. It was so quiet, I swear he could hear my heart pounding. But when he didn't answer, well I'm sure he heard it break even more.

"Woow," I whispered. Tears had already begun to soak my pillow. "No answer is a loud enough answer for me."

"I didn't want to hurt you." He finally replied.

"Well," I scoffed, climbing out of bed. "It seems like that's the only thing you've been good at doing since we got back together."

With that being said, I stormed out and went into the guest bedroom, slamming the door shut behind me. As many times as he's hurt me, it still doesn't get any easier to deal with. I guess that's what happens when you love someone so much you can't imagine your life without them. At some point though, you have to come to the realization that you deserve to be treated better.

~

Lucky called me up for coffee the next day and I joined him. All he wanted to do was talk about Michael, Raé, our past, how we all met and I wasn't in the mood to discuss any of it, and on top of that, my shoulder hurt like hell. I was still hurt and upset about Michael and I's conversation, or lack thereof, so I wasn't necessarily up for talking about any of it with Lucky.

"Can you tell me why I'm really here? Or are you going to talk about Michael and Raé the whole time?" I snapped.

He paused for a second, tilting his head to the side, looking at me. It was like he was studying my face for something but found nothing. "So he's still your husband.."

"What makes you think otherwise?" I asked, annoyed. "Michael and I have been through a lot and this is just one more thing we have to overcome."

"Can I just ask, why do you continue to be with him?" Lucky asked.

"I love him," I looked down at my hands which rested on the table. "And I know he loves me too."

"He has a hell of a way of showing it!" Lucky exclaimed.

"What's it to you?!" I asked getting annoyed again. I winced at the pain that shot through my arm.

Lucky looked down and fiddled with his cufflinks before resting his hands on his lap. He looked at me, his expression soft with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "I care about you a lot and I don't want to see you get hurt anymore." He confessed.