Michael Vs. Lucky

"You're unbelievable!" Michael shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe you just let him go!"

"What was I supposed to do?! Kill him?!" I asked, getting aggravated.

"Yes!" Michael answered. "That's exactly what you were supposed to do."

"I'm not going to kill the man!!" I nearly shouted.

The other day after Michael had left Lucky and I to talk, Michael had the notion that I would kill Lucky for what he had done. For putting Michael behind bars, for betraying my trust and for using me. As much as I wanted to end Lucky, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Still in my thoughts, Michael asked, "Do you love him?"

"What?!" I asked in disbelief. "I can't believe you would even go there.. No I don't love him. I just couldn't bring myself to do it."

"Then I will." Michael responded. He walked out the study, shutting the door behind him.

I knew I was supposed to be following him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid but I was tired. I was tired of everything and really just wanted some time to really think and relax and figure out what my next move was going to be.

"Kennedy?" Someone called. "Kennedy, wake up!"

I rubbed my eyes, still feeling a bit tired and saw Janet sitting on the bed staring at me. There was concern in her eyes and my mind immediately went to Michael.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. "Is Michael okay?"

"Yeah, he's fine," She replied. "It's Lucky. He was killed. He was in some sort of freak accident about an hour ago."

"Wha-" I began to say but a lump rose in my throat and I knew if I were to open my mouth again to try and talk, I would burst into tears. Janet could see the tears welling in my eyes, so she climbed into the bed and wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm so sorry," She said. "I know how close you guys had gotten."

She didn't even know the half of it. Lucky had become my bestfriend. He taught me everything that Michael wouldn't teach me, he became my safe zone when I needed to get away from Michael and he was always in my corner whether I was right or wrong. I was angry because I didn't get the chance to really ask him why he did what he did. Why he betrayed me the way he did. But I was also saddened by the fact that I didn't get the chance to tell him how I really felt.

Maybe I really did fall in love with him. I mean, Michael and I spent more time apart than together and when we were together, we were always fighting. So I started finding comfort in Lucky. He came around more. We spent more time together. We out and did stuff. Things Michael and I should've been doing together, I was doing with Lucky.

I was still silently sobbing in Janet's arms when Michael burst through the door and ran straight to the bathroom. We heard him mumbling something but couldn't quite make out what he was saying.

"Michael?" Janet called out to him. "Is everything okay?"

At first silence and then he answered, "Yeah, I'm good."

"Are you sure?" Janet asked, stillfb h concerned about her brother.

Michael walked from out the bathroom and I quickly wiped my eyes so that he wouldn't see that I had been crying. He kept his head low until he was in front of the window and then he turned around to face us.

"It's done," He stated. "He's gone. Nothing left to worry about now."

I slowly sat up to get a good look at Michael. His face was badly cut on the side right above his left brow. There was a scrape under his jaw and there was little drops of blood on the collar of his shirt. A sick feeling over came me and I jolted up out the bed and ran to the bathroom toilet to empty the contents of my stomach. Janet ran in after me and she held my hair back until I finished. I was gasping for air but couldn't seem to get any which mad me panic. I'm not sure what was going on but it almost felt like I was having a heart attack or something.

"Michael!!" Janet yelled. "Get in here, now!!!"

I heard Michael run into the bathroom asking if I was okay and what was happening.

"I think she's having a panic attack or something.." Janet explained.

Michael went over and turned on the shower, letting it steam up, before lifting me up from the floor and putting me in it. Closing the shower door, he sat down behind me and leaned me back against him. He caressed my hair and told me to listen as he began humming in my ear. I wasn't familiar with this tune but it calmed me down. I allowed my breathing to match his and soon after, my body started to relax.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, still running his fingers through my hair.

"Better." I replied.

Although I was feeling better physically, I was still saddened by what Michael had done.

As if to be reading my mind, Michael responded with, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry about your friend but all is fair in love and war."

I sat up from him and turned to look at him. "You couldn't just leave it at 'I'm sorry' could you? Do you have to be condescending about everything?!!"

".....maybe not if you weren't so naive." He shrugged.

There was a long pause before I slapped him. As hard as I could, I slapped him. It caught him off gaurd and as he was trying to recollect himself, I started throwing punches left and right not caring where they landed.

Instead of fighting back, Michael pushed me down to the floor of the shower. The water was coming down right over my face and it felt like I was suffocating. I struggled to fight my way out his grip but he had me pinned down. He leaned directly over me so that the water wouldn't fall in my face.

"Get off of me!!" I yelled, still struggling to get from under him. He weighed more than he looked.

"Are you done?" He asked, with a raised brow. "Or are you going to keep fighting?"

"Get. Off!" I repeated.

"Nope." He replied.

"Michael please," I started to beg. I could feel myself about to cry again. "Just let me go."

He stared at me for a moment and then helped me to sit up. I had already started crying and he continued to stare at me until I was done.

"You really did love him." He said to me. "That's why you wouldn't....is that why he..... did you know he was going to have me put in jail?"

"No," I answered. "I swear I knew nothing about it."

"Did you sleep with him?" He asked.

"No," I replied. "Just the kiss I told you about. That's it. Nothing more, I promise."

I stood up and turned off the shower. As I was about to walk out, He asked, "So now what?"

I paused for a second. There was many ways I could've answered that question but I went with what came to my mind first. "Divorce."

With that said, I got up and walked out. I didn't plan on looking back anytime soon.