Backstory

It's been 5 years since I left Michael lying in a pool of his own blood. Five years since the very day I had to say goodbye to the one I love. I was living in the United Kingdom and managed to maintain a living with the money Michael left for me. We were caught up in some bad business before I left the U.S. and there were people out to kill us. Although they managed to take down Michael, I was able to escape and start a new life. I wasn't dating or anything like that, but I was living to the best of my ability. I went out, explored the world and even made a few friends. But at the end of it all, I stayed to myself, not trusting anyone who tried to get near me.

Day to day, I still think about Michael and how we met and how we ended. It all felt like it just happened. Almost like a dream. Part of me never wanted  to believe he'd leave me alone in this cruel world, but the other part of me told myself to get a grip on reality because if he didn't die that day, then someone had him killed by now. On top of that, I felt like if he was alive, he would've found his way back to me.

I truly missed Michael and everything that made him who he was. We had our ups and downs but my love for him will never cease and I pray that if he is alive, I'll wake up one day in his arms. Until then, I won't stop hoping and praying.