Michael's POV

'Did she just say divorce?' I thought to myself. After all we have been through, she wanted a divorce now? Hearing the word escape her lips the pain behind it truly hurt me. I always thought she was too good for me but I would have never thought she would give up on us.

Kennedy stepped out the shower letting the door slam shut, leaving me inside sitting on the wet floor. I sat there, fingers all wrinkled, watching the droplets slither down the drain and disappear for good. My mind continued to replay the word 'Divorce' over and over again leaving me feeling more and more numb. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Michael?" It was Randy. "Are you alright, man?"

I stood up and opened the door to face my brother. "I thought I was doing the right thing. I thought I was protecting her from him. He was using her. He was going to get what he wanted then kill her. I thought I was protecting her." I said.

"Why did she leave?" Randy asked. "She just stormed out of here with Janet following right behind her."

"Mike!" Tito called as he walked into the bathroom. "Kennedy isn't answering her phone neither is-"

"I'm right here!" Janet chimed in from behind him.

Damn. Is anybody else gonna come waltzing in here? It's like a family affair going on in the bathroom and I was starting to get slightly annoyed. I just wanted to talk to Kennedy but at the same time, maybe it's best if I just give her her space.

"I couldn't catch up to her." Janet explained. I walked over to the bathtub and sat down on the edge covering my face with my hands. "-she just told Bill to pull over and she jumped out and ran off."

"She wants a divorce." I stated. No one was listening. They continued to talk about the days events.

"She wants a divorce." I said again. This time a little louder but to no avail. They still talked amongst themselves as if I wasn't even here.

"SHE WANTS A DIVORCE!" I shot up from my seat and everyone was quiet. "I asked her what next and she said divorce and then she left."

It's been a while since I really cried. The last time I let my emotions get the best of me was when we lost our baby because of a situation I put her in. It seemed like I was always putting her in situations and now that I think about it, I don't blame her for wanting to leave me.

Our marriage was falling apart but I was too wrapped up in this lifestyle that I couldn't see it. She held on as long as she could and I couldn't be mad at her for finally saying enough is enough. She deserved better. Unfortunately, I could no longer be the one to give it to her. I've put her through too much and I can't bring myself to put her through anymore.

"Michael..." Janet walked over to me sadness in her eyes. "I don't think.. she couldn't possibly..."

"It's what she said." I responded in defeat. I walked into the bedroom and into the closet to change out of my still wet clothes.

"What now?" Randy asked.

"I give her what she wants." I simply replied.

"You can't!" Tito said in dismay. "Fight for her, Michael. You're constantly fighting with her. How about try fighting for her."

"Tito's right," Randy chimed in. "You need to treat her better than what you have been. You say it all the time that you won't hurt her anymore but your actions don't match your words."

"Do better. Be better." Janet added. "I know you can."

They were right. They've always been right when it came down to giving me relationship advice. There was a lot of things I needed to work on but my relationship with Kennedy was at the top of my list.