Oh, Baby

It's been a few months since Michael and I have been back home in California. Things have been.....okay. Our first few days back, we stayed locked in the bedroom just having sex and talking. Talking. We talked about everything except for my mentioning of us getting a divorce. Every time I tried to bring it up, Michael would change the subject or say we could talk later but we never came back to the topic. Eventually I dropped it all together and decided not to bring it up anymore. At least not for now.

Janet was staying in the house with us and she's always kept me company while Michael was away. Lately though, Michael had been spending a whole lot of time gone, sometimes for days before we heard from him. So Janet was around a lot more often than usual.

"What is Michael up to?" I questioned Janet.

It was a nice spring day and we decided to take a stroll through the rose garden, picking a few to put in the house.

"I-I'm not sure," She tripped over her words. "He just told me to stay put and make sure you're okay."

I nodded, grazing my fingers over the rose petals. I knew Janet was lying to me but I wasn't going to press her for anymore answers. "He better be back before-"

"Before what?" Michael had ran up behind us, kissed my cheek and gave Janet a hug. "Now you were saying?"

"I'm going to go put these in some water." Janet excused herself, leaving Michael and I standing alone in the garden.

"So, where have you been?" I asked jumping right to the point.

"You don't waste no time, do you!" Michael chuckled.

"Michael-" I began.

"I've been going back and forth between here and New York. I'm working on a little project." He confessed.

After a long pause I finally asked, "Are you going to tell me what it is?"

"See for yourself!" He smiled and pulled out a piece of paper from his back pocket.

I gave him a look of suspicion upon unfolding the paper and reading it's contents.

It was a flyer to a club called 'The Hangout.' It wasn't until I saw the location when my blood started to boil.

"I would love if you'd accompany me to the grand opening this weekend." Michael beamed with excitement.

I stared at him in utter disbelief not saying a single word, afraid that I'll say something I might regret later on.

"Weeeeelll?" He asked, eyebrows raised awaiting an answer.

I took in a deep breath and asked, "Have you lost your damn mind, Michael!?!?"

He looked at me, confused at my reaction. "What?"

"This... You.." I was at a complete loss for words.

"I thought you would be excited." He pouted.

"Excited." I echoed. With anger evident in my voice, Michael rolled his eyes. He knew he was about to get an earful.

"You thought I would be excited to go to the opening of a new club that, not too long, was a place I was being held, beaten half to death and nearly killed for something YOU. DID?" My voice raised to a shout and Michaels face went blank, but I continued on. "How dare you come in my face with this piece of shit-" I threw the flyer back at him. "-and ask me to attend a grand opening."

Michael let out a lengthy sigh as he rubbed his temples. I knew he was mad and he was trying his best to keep calm depsite me yelling at him, but I couldn't help it. He was being inconsiderate and he clearly didn't think this all the way through. If he had, he wouldn't have used that specific spot to turn into a night club.