Fresh Start

Bill walked into my room bearing a tray containing a plate of waffles, orange juice, fresh fruit and an envelope. I sat up as he laid the tray across my lap.

"When you're done eating, get dressed. We have to get going soon." He explained, turning to walk away.

"Where?" I asked, before he shut the door.

"It's all in the letter." He answered, closing the door behind him.

I sat there for a few minutes looking at the food. I ate a couple of apple slices before deciding to open the letter. Upon opening it, there was a familiar scent that suddenly filled the room. I held the letter to my nose with caution and the scent was now overpowering. Rushing to open the letter, I began reading.

If you are reading this, it's time to come back home. Over the past five years I've spent my time orchestrating our arrival back into each others lives. It's been hard but a lot of the things I've done, I did it so that the constant fear you were living under, is no more. I made you a promise and I am determined to keep it.

Your safety net is as solid as ever and now I'm ready for you to come back to me. I know you'll have lots of questions and I'll have the answers but you should know, some things are better left unsaid.

Have a safe flight and I'll see you soon Kennedy.

With love,

Michael.

I gasped as I reread the letter over and over again. He was alive. He's been alive this entire time. Part of me knew this but I didn't think it to be true like this. He was now sending for me and I wasn't sure how to feel about it. Folding the letter back up, I got up and got dressed. I noticed all my stuff was already gone, so I ran out into the living room where Bill was waiting.

"Where's all my stuff?" I asked, looking around. The entire place had been packed up.

"On the jet, that's waiting for you, now." Bill responded, grabbing his jacket. "Are you ready?"

"I guess." I sighed, following him out the door.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at the airport. We maneuvered our way through the crowd, security and finally after what felt like forever, we were boarding the same jet I was instructed to take after leaving Michael. As the plane began to take off, my anxiety kicked into high gear. My nerves were getting the best of me and I'm pretty sure I was getting on Bill's last nerve, so he offered me a cranberry with Vodka which i graciously took. Soon after, I had nodded right off to sleep.

~

"Kennedy?" I heard someone call my name. "Kennedy!" They called a little louder giving my body a shake. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Bill standing over me. I sat up and noticed we were no longer on the plane. Before I could question my surroundings, which looked oddly familiar, there was a light knock on the door and it cracked open.

"Is she awake yet?" A soft familiar voice asked.

"Yeah, come in." Bill answered, moving to sit in the chair across the room.

"Hey kennedy!" Janet exclaimed in a hushed voice. "How are you feeling?"

"Good," I responded, matching her hushed tone. I wasn't sure why we were whispering but I just went along with it. "Are we..?" I started to question, looking around. I felt like I've been in this room before but I was feeling so drowsy that I wasn't too sure of myself at the moment.

"Yes!" Janet answered. "You're back in Indiana."

"Why do I feel so tired?" I asked, looking over at Bill for answers.