"Y-Yes, sir."

As Niven awkwardly shuffled over to his seat, he avoided eye contact with Mirren and didn't even pay attention to what the male was doing. Mirren has to sigh as he watched the new kid nervously take out his textbook and scribble down some notes as their professor was teaching.

He certainly had to be someone special if they wore the same uniform, unless his family had some connections with the school's headmaster. That could be one of the possibilities but this school was incredibly strict about which students could go in. Not even the wealthiest and most influential families can enroll their sons in this academy, there were multiple exams to be taken and some tests to check out their abilities.

It wasn't only the students that had trouble coming in, even Mirren found it a bit of a struggle before stepping into this place.

But where the hell did this boy come from? And so suddenly as well? Which family did he come from that made it possible for him to enroll?

"Psst... hey," Mirren whispered eagerly to him. Niven simply acted as if he heard nothing.

Mirren puffed up his cheeks before quickly tapping on his shoulder when Professor Budreau wasn't looking. The other students watched this unusual interaction between the two students and looked at each other, wanting to ask what was going on.

Mirren was, simply put, one of the most powerful students here in the academy. It made them question if he knew the new kid. It was a high possibility that they were friends. This thought made them want to avoid Niven a bit, seeing as how the boy didn't even bother to give his attention to Mirren. They expected the brunet to snap, but he only kept bugging Niven.

And he kept on poking Niven as much as he could. He wouldn't shut up, calling out his name numerous times with a flirty grin. It got to the point where Niven slightly turned his head around and gave a frown, gently pushing the male's fingers off his shoulder.

"Hey, Niven?"

"Yes?"

"Do you have an extra pencil?"

Niven's face went dark. Did this guy really just bug him for ten minutes just to get a pencil? Why did he even bother to attend class then? Niven only sighed before reaching into his bag for a spare pencil and handing it over to Mirren. The male's eyes brightened in joy as he gave the blond a grateful smile.

He quickly snatched the pencil, but not before softly brushing their fingers together. Niven didn't notice and went back to listening to their teacher.

Thankfully, it was peaceful for the rest of the class. By peaceful, it didn't include the incessant stares and constants pokes to his shoulder. But at least Mirren didn't strike up another conversation with him. Niven wouldn't know what else to say.

"So where are we off to again, my dear?" Mirren clung onto Niven's shoulders as soon as class was dismissed.

The blond struggled to carry his backpack while trying to ignore the sudden weight on him. Niven nervously looked away from the male and stammered, "W-We might not have the same classes..."

"Oh, don't be so silly! I checked all of your classes and we have the same ones! Isn't it fate?" He winked.

"It's called a c-coincidence..." As he trailed off that sentence, he grew extremely distressed at the thought of Mirren accompanying him to every one of his classes. He really couldn't avoid him now, could he? Niven was still wary of what Mirren would do to him if he snapped.

Would he use his abilities on him again? What if it was a different one the next time? Niven wasn't so sure how many abilities the guy had, but everyone had up to four or five when they fully turn into adults. The blond silently prayed to whichever god was listening to help him not die on the first week in this academy.