CHAPTER 31

Aryan

As she stepped back, I saw her smiling victoriously.
Was she blushing? Or is she acting? I felt suspicious.
Seven hells!
"Ummm......?" I heard her.
"Yea...?" I questioned brushing aside my thoughts.
"Aryan..I just said I love you-u. I just..I needed a lot of courage..and you.." she asked hesitantly. She told him that she loves him for the 3rd time!
If I was not confused woman I would be the first one to propos he thought to himself.
"I don't know...I..." I blabbered unknowingly as I see her waiting for an answer intently.
I love you Samantha but I do not trust you. And it is my fault.
"I am confused right now Samantha" her face fell hearing that.
She stood there waiting for me to complete.
My inner voice screamed 'You cannot take advantage of her'.
She is not the kind of woman who can plot this.
"If you think taking up this job rips our relationship then I won't. Aryan, if you need time then..." she spoke bringing me out of my own thoughts.
"I am not the kind of man you think I am" I say it harshly.
You wouldn't take up the job in the first place! Would you? He wanted to ask her.
"I know I have been acting like a jackass around you but give me few mins to gather my thoughts...we shall speak like adults" she nods hearing my words.

I quickly walk away to the balcony to pull my shit together.

This was never SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN. God, what am I doing?
I turn back to see her rubbing her neck where I caught her. Almost choking her. I felt guilty.

I should have told her that I loved her in the morning.

I am sorry but I cannot let you win. Samantha. You are ready to build a new life without me? HOW? You cannot think of being my wife. I would never disrespect my wife. He recalled how complicated their relationship was.
I WANT YOU SAMANTHA. He told to himself. You should be only mine. Mine. He repeated in his mind.
If I reject you now, you'll happily walk away.
I can't let you end this game so easily. I love you but I hate you too.
____________________

Aryan comes inside the room where he saw Samantha sitting on the couch biting her nails.

"How was your day?" he asks her casually.
She immediately stood up "Good" she nods. Day!? Look at him.
"Ahh shall I order something incase you're hungry? We can chat and eat?" he asks.

Why is he behaving like a normal human? That's not him!

"I am not hungry" she smiled awkwardly.

He walks towards the couch and signals her to sit beside him. He noticed her posture and could easily guess she was nervous.

"I--Haa--How was your day?" she muttered.

"Uhh fine...Samantha" she looked up immediately when he called her by name.

He closed his eyes exasperated and threw himself back on the couch to rest his head.

She waited for him to say something.

SILENCE.

'God he is killing me' she thought getting up from the couch and going towards his side. She sat on the floor on her knees near him taking his hands into hers.

He opened his eyes and she was comforting him. Rubbing his arms.

"Say something.." she whispered.

"I do not trust you..." he shrugs.

"This cannot happen" she managed to whisper almost on the verge of a breakdown. AGAIN.

"When did I break your trust? Is this about the job?" she asked angrily tears slipping through her eyes.