CHAPTER 12 - INTERACTION

As she stepped closer she felt the heat of his body. Not even an inch away. Oh god.
They could hear their heartbeats thudding as the pulse rate increased eventually raising the tension between them.
Her breath became uneven as she started consuming the moment. He hooked his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to his warm chest. She closed her eyes not knowing how to respond as all she could feel was him. Her lips trembled as she thought he would kiss her when she felt him bending down to her length. She was overwhelmed with emotions and felt her world was melting just right there until she heard him "Button me up"
Her voice was drained. She couldn't speak for a moment. Why is this affecting me so much? She thought.
"Huh?"
"Didn't you hear?" he whispered huskily into her ears sending waves of electric shocks and jolts into her. Her heart soak. She never felt more confused.
She closed her eyes for the one last time and realised it was real.
She pulled herself away, tears rolled down her cheeks as emotions betrayed her. Were they even emotions or just physical attraction? He rejected her, again.
She ran out of the room unable to meet his gaze feeling ashamed of herself as she gave in to the moment. You're shameless Samantha! Don't you remember what he said that day? She recalled his harsh words "You'll remain a half wed wife to me". She sobbed as she left the room running.
He cursed himself as it pained him to see her cry.
She ran until she hit someone. "I'm sorry" she said as she began walking away when she felt a hand stop her.
She looked up to see Mrs.Sinha who was looking at her intently.
"Good Morning Mrs.Sinha"
"Are you crying?" she asked worriedly.
"No. It's just" she stammered as she failed to hide her tears.
"What's wrong?" Mrs.Sinha asked taking her along as they walked into the balcony.
"Did you have some tea or coffee?"
"No thanks Mrs.Sinha. I'm fine."
"Did Aryan say something?"
She hesitated to answer as she knew Mrs.Sinha and Aryan had a strained relationship.
"No. Nothing"
"Then?"
"It's just nothing Mrs.Sinha. I wanted to see my parents"
"You can then" Ayushi suggested her.
"No. It's just that they didn't accept my wedding yet. They were angry" she said remembering Aryan's words. "No one should know the truth" although he promised he will let her meet her family today.
"Oh..."
Samantha smiled awkwardly.
"That's all?"
Samantha nodded.
"Don't lie. I know a relationship with Aryan isn't easy. His mood swings..."
"There's nothing like that Mrs.Sinha" she lied.
"Look Samantha I'm really sorry for yesterday. I don't know what got onto my mind but I was really unhappy. I thought..."
"That's okay Mrs.Sinha"
"You can call me mom just like Myrah does" Ayushi suggested.
For a moment Samantha felt happy as now there was some body by her side.
"Thank you" she smiled.
"I don't know, I just thought that you married Aryan for revenge and were behind his money. Last night I realised I was wrong. I know he's fussy at times but trust me.."
He married me for revenge Samantha thought.
"That's okay Mrs.Sinha. It was just a misunderstanding"
"Mom" she corrected her and Samantha smiled.
"Now tell me what happened?"
"It's just nothing Mrs...I mean Mommy, I feel so low"
"Hmmm, I'm happy that he's married actually. I always wanted someone to stay by his side"
Samantha gathered courage as she asked "What's wrong between you two? I mean why does he..?"
"Samantha...."
"Sorry Mommy. If you don't feel like sharing....."
"Its my fault. As a mother I could never understand him or maybe I was self occupied but today I realise how wrong I was. When Vincent, I mean Aryan's father died I didn't want to raise a kid and then I met Amresh, he was my high school boyfriend who was all ready to accept me again. I felt happy as old sparks flied high and I got a second chance to love. He didn't want Aryan to stay with us infact I also felt he would be a problem as Shavir was Amresh's own child. There would be trouble as they were step brothers....And I agreed to send him away. "I feel disgusted about myself when I think about it....and now I'm shamelessly staying in his house" "Even today I can feel the pain I gave him. I told him if he was okay going to my mother's place but he left the house. He decided to stay in boarding and used to visit me in vacations. Everyone hated him for that also. I always loved him but I was helpless. He changed after that. He never came home. When he finished schooling he stayed alone here. You must not be knowing this house was Aryan's father's." Samantha smiled as Ayushi continued"He never wanted to part ways with his father. He loved him immensely. I know why he's like that today. He was a happy child, naughty and grumpy but look at him now. I know he's good at heart. We had huge losses in business and I asked him for help but he refused as he said he wanted revenge from me" she said laughing at his immaturity "but then he allowed us to stay here. I knew he was happy that I was back to him. I feel shameful for everything. I feel insecure and that's why I keep telling him I've rights on him..." she smiled foolishly.
Samantha's face fell when she heard the story. She felt bad as Aryan had to go through all this. How could Mrs.Sinha do it?
"That's okay" Samantha pacified her. What can she do about past?
"Why did Aryan's father commit suicide?" she scolded herself for asking that so directly.
"He went into depression maybe."
"Financial crisis?"
"No..no. Aryan had a sister who was 7 years old, my daughter Ahana" she smiled as she wept "She died in an accident due to rash driving and Vincent held himself responsible for that. He lost both his legs in that car accident. I was pregnant that time with my third child but..... Vincent had huge losses in business and eventually.... " she sobbeed. "Aryan loved his sister a lot.." she smiled as her eyes welled up.
"Life just betrayed us that time and I found my happiness in Amresh. Maybe selfishness and Aryan couldn't find in anyone till he met you."
"I'm sorry for asking you such things....I've no right" Samantha said.
"You do. You're his wife. I know I spoke rubbish yesterday and called you names but trust me Samantha he can never get a better wife than you. I thought about this the whole night and realised how stupid I was. I insulted you and....what not" she said apologetically.
"It's okay mom. I'm sure anyone would have done the same. How can you accept a girl who married your son just like that" she joked as they both had a hearty laugh.

"What are you doing here?" Aryan shouted when he saw his mother and Samantha sitting beside each other and laughing.
"She was just..."
"Why do poke your nose Mrs.Sinha? I was talking to my wife!!"
"I was just....."
"Get ready. I need to leave for office"
"But Aryan..."
"I want to spend the day with, Mom" as now she felt safer with his mom than with him.
"She isn't your mom! Get that? Now shut up and get ready!" He shouted.
"Is this the way you talk to your wife? Why are you angry ? She was just..." Ayushi said and Aryan glared at her.
Aryan quickly barged towards Samantha as he grabbed her hand and took her to their room.
He dragged her around and threw her inside the room disbalancing her as she hit the couch and fell on the floor "Ahhh..." she squealed in pain.
He didn't walk up to her even though he knew she was in pain not wanting to admit his emotions.