Untitled Part 64

Happy weekend dear readers! The nice, smart Dong Li Dong is more than what he appears and gets outed by Wu Wen. Xiao You Cai gets her nose bumped as a result I can only say this week is really not her week. Thank goodness Wu Wen is better to her than she thinks (or he thinks for that matter) and I look forward to see what Boss Wu would do once he realizes that he likes her.

Chapter 89

The next time Xiao You Cai sees Dong Li Dong, she tries to find out if his manager has made things difficult for him in the office. Dong Li Dong tells her no and ask about the reason for her concern.

Xiao You Cai nearly tells him about what Wu Wen said to his manager, but held back in the end. What she has overheard is part of a management discussion and her professional ethics does not allow her to diverge what she knows. "It is nothing major. You have just offended Liu Xiao Lei and it so happens that her dad's company is going to become one of our business partners soon, which is why I am concerned."

This is a safe thing to say because Liu Xiao Lei has been coming to their office very often lately and the office grapevine is already speculating on the possibility of a partnership between both companies. It is also noted that her visit is often over something minor like delivering a document, or passing a message to Boss Wu, so many are speculating on her true intentions for visiting their company.

Or soomeone in the CEO's room.

Everyone on the CEO's floor can tell that Liu Xiao Lei likes Wu Wen. There is little need to involve Wu Wen in the details of the partnership, so why is Liu Xiao Lei always popping by to update Wen Ge? Although she has a tendency to linger, Wu Wen has never tried to chase her away to give her father face.

Women are creatures with sharp instincts. In their hearts, both Xiao You Cai and Liu Xiao Lei consider each other as a potential love rival but in view of her status, Xiao You Cai does not dare to openly provoke her; at most, she will only make fun of her inwardly. But Liu Xiao Lei does not have the same restrictions – she does not report to Wen Feng nor is she mild-tempered, so she has no compunction making sarcastic remarks at Xiao You Cai. When Wu Wen does not seem to pay Xiao You Cai any special attention, Liu Xiao Lei becomes bolder and starts making her sarcastic remarks of Xiao You Cai in front of Wu Wen.

Xiao You Cai is very angry.

Today, Liu Xiao Lei is once again at Wu Wen's office. Xiao You Cai purposely enters the room without knocking just to see what the 2 are up to and sees Liu Xiao Lei reading a magazine on the sofa while Wu Wen is working at his desk. Liu Xiao Lei frowns at her sudden entrance and is the first to speak. "Why didn't you knock before entering?"

Wu Wen just looks at her. "Is anything the matter?"

Xiao You Cai says that she has something urgent to report and ask if Liu Xiao Lei would like to use the washroom? When Wu Wen did not say anything, Liu Xiao Lei can only take the hint and leave the room. But she make sure to leave her bag on the sofa so that she will be back – Wen Ge has promised to have dinner with her and she is not going to pass over this opportunity!

The moment she leaves, Wu Wen asks Xiao You Cai on the urgent matter, and she places a document in front of him. "It is an important document for your signature. Please read and sign. I will come back for it later."

Looking at her retreating back, Wu Wen does not know what to make of her. As if she has eyes on her back, she turns back and he quickly pretends to be studying the document. From the corner of his eye, he sees her walking to the sofa, picking up a cup on the coffee table, splashing its contents on the sofa, before placing the cup back to the table and exiting the room.