Untitled Part 7

Dear readers,

Today is 立春 (li chun), the start of spring or new year according to the chinese solar calendar. I have 3 nice, loooooong chapters for you (it is actually thanks to Mr Song that I cannot find a good stopping point until end of Chapter 14, but I figure a good thing is a good thing so that's not dwell too much on how it happens. hee.hee : )

Wishing you a prosperous start to new year ahead!!

Moonblossom

Chapter 12: Hint

On her off-day, Lan Shan receives a call from Song Zi Cheng who wants to discuss buying a car over dinner. So after a satisfying lunch at Qiao Feng's place (yummy grilled chicken wings!) in the afternoon, it is fancy western dinner at night.

If Lan Shan has thought that Song Zi Cheng's dinner treat is insincere (she doesn't mind cash, really), she is now convinced that he is very sincere.

So sincere, damn it, that the bottle of the red wine on their table already costs more than her handphone.

As an apologetic gesture, this meal is simply too expensive. What is his motive? Or is this guy simply too rich to care?

While waiting for their dinner to be served, Lan San spots Tan Zi at a nearby table. He is with a woman dressed in a long white dress, with her back facing Lan Shan. Did Tan Zi follow Song Zi Cheng to this restaurant or is this a coincidence?

Tan Zi has also spotted her and a look of panic flash across his face. He starts to wriggle his brow and dart his eyeballs at Lan Shan. Is he afraid that Song Zi Cheng will see him? Ok, she will not out his location, thinks Lan Shan, and she gives him a reciprocal nod.

Unfortunately, their attempt at telepathy is too amateurish and catches the attention of their dinner partners. When both Song Zi Cheng and the woman turn around, Lan Shan finally realizes why Tan Zi is uneasy as his dinner partner is no other than Song Zi Cheng's ex, Su Luo.

Su Luo walks over to their table and Lan Shan can see that she is not only beautiful, she is very graceful too. Her long skirt swishes gently at her ankles and her aura is like that of a heavenly fairy... except that she looks furious! Aw.... Lan Shan taps her nose gently, surely she is not so ugly for Su Luo to be looking at her with such contempt?

Su Luo looks away from Lan Shan and smiles at Song Zi Cheng. "And I am wondering what beauty has caught your attention? A hostess? Song Zi Cheng, your standards seem to have dropped."

Lan Shan is angered by her comment. She recalls that here were some hostesses at the KTV that day so Su Luo has probably mistaken her for one. Or has she been lead to think this way? Out of consideration for her dinner partner, she decides to hold on to her temper. "Miss, you are mistaken. I am a sales consultant for cars, not a hostess."

"So you sell cars?" Su Luo seems to have thought of something and stares unblinkingly at Song Zi Cheng. Her eyes redden and she bites her lip – such a pitiful look! – but Lan Shan no longer feels like pitying her.

"Song Zi Cheng, have you known her for long time? Is she the reason you broke up with me?"

Song Zi Cheng is clearly annoyed but he does not look at Su Luo and merely stare at his glass. "We have already broken up. Why are you asking so many questions now?"

"You are a two-timer!"

"Ha!" He lifts his eyes to meet hers. "Spoken as if you have never done so yourself!"

Su Luo points a shaking finger at him. "Song Zi Cheng, you bastard!"

She starts to cry and dashes out of the restaurant, with Tan Zi hot on her heels.