Untitled Part 10

We are at the 1/4 mark of the book (time really flies!) and we finally see some plot movement / drama today at the 4S shop before I throw a brick a author as much as I like all the misunderstandings and interaction between Qiao Feng, Lan Shan, Wu Wen and everybody else.

Qiao Feng and Song Zi Cheng get to appear in the same chapter and both are pretty awesome, so I think we can look forward to more of the same in the next ... 60 chapters? I like today's chapters – they are warm and funny, just nice to perk up a even better weekend.

Chapter 19: BOSS

Qiao Feng buys the two ladies dinner at a Southern Restaurant that evening. Southern dishes are usually quite petite so they order 6 dishes to be shared among the 3 of them. Now that Xiao You Cai is more familiar with Qiao Feng, she is no longer so cautious around him and even insist that they take a group selfie of their "sister besties" when their dishes are served.

Qiao Feng is not amused. "I am not your sister."

"Ok, of course you are not! You are the manliest of man, the fighter jet among guns!"

Satisfied with her answer, Qiao Feng walks over to for the group photograph.

But when Xiao You Cai looks at their picture, she nearly cries. She is in the middle with Lan Shan and Qiao Feng flanking her like a pair of guardians. She is a pretty girl in her own right but when placed between two gorgeous people like Lan Shan and Qiao Feng, she looks like a mountain village auntie in comparison. How can she circulate such a picture?

Luckily, she has a photo app and being an honest person (it just never crosses her mind actually), she does not photoshop the picture to make herself look better. Instead, she sticks a monkey-head over both Lan Shan and Qiao Feng faces... and there! The photo looks so much better now!

After dinner, Lan Shan and Qiao Feng part ways with Xiao You Cai at the metro. When they reach their apartment, the security guard passes a package to Qiao Feng. Qiao Feng explains that the package is pomelo tea but Lan Shan is already too used to him by then to be surprised – this is a guy who drinks milk and eats cotton candy after all . When they reach their landing, Qiao Feng asks: "Do you want to come over and try some (tea)?"

Has it been any other guy, Lan Shan will have hesitated. But this is Qiao Feng.... besides it is only eight and she has nothing on anyway so she goes to his apartment. Qiao Feng disappears into the kitchen to make tea while Lan Shan goes to the living room to wait and watch some tv.

Schrödinger watches lazily from the sofa as Lan Shan approaches. He has tried to shoo this woman away before but this woman is too thick-skinned to heed him so he has decided to ignore her going forward. But Lan Shan apparently thinks otherwise and plants her big bum next to him. Thinking that she may be here to pick a fight, Schrödinger narrows his eyes at her.

Lan Shan taps his head. "Hello. Do you want to pick a fight?"

Schrödinger retreats a step. "Meow!"

Lan Shan teases him. "Yo, you seem angry. Come and fight me, fight with me!"

"Meow!" Of course Schrödinger will not pick a fight with someone so much bigger than him but his haughty expression never slips an inch as he maintains his pride. Lan Shan is not satisfied and taps his head again. "You little eunuch..... You do know that you are the eunuch around here and not the emperor right? So why did you pretend to be one, eh? Confess! you are the one who spoilt His Majesty's clothes right? Do you know how much his clothes cost? You are lucky His Majesty is benevolent and did not skin your hide!"

Qiao Feng overhears her remark as he walks into the living room and he can't help but sigh in wonder. Here in his living room are two creatures who do not know each other's language and yet are able to squabble with each other. What a pair!