Untitled Part 39

In some sense, Qiao Feng is quite similar to Kim Bung-Do from Queen In-Hyun's Man. Both are scholars, players and can revv from 0 to 100kph in like 2 seconds flat. Whoa! Hold the horses. What just happened?

We left off the last chapter with Qiao Feng walking out on a little monk. To his credit, he did not go for a hormone test nor did he went in search of holy water although he did seek Divine Advice and we get to meet the fantastic Mommy Qiao and Daddy Wu as a result. Can I say again that he has the best-est family ever? It is refreshing to see a normal, supportive family for once in a novel, and I love their family fabric as much as I love all their electronic hugs and kisses.

(づ ̄3 ̄)

Chapter 58: Stolen Kiss

Sitting beneath a tree in Lin Yin Temple, Qiao Feng taps on his family WeChat group in his phone. The name of the group is called "Da Wu, Xiao Qiao, and their Baby Bears." where 'Da (Big) Wu' refers to his dad, 'Xiao (Little) Qiao' refers to his mom, and 'Baby Bears' naturally refers to him and his brother Wu Wen.

The last few threads are all from Wu Wen.

Wu Wen: Dad is away. Mom is away. Now even younger bro is not around ...

Wu Wen: Qiao Feng, when are you coming back?

Wu Wen: Lao (Old) Wu, didn't you say you will be back during the school hols? It is now close to the hols!==

Wu Wen: Dear Mom, there are too many folk songs out there for you to study all at once, do come home for a break...

No one responded to Wu Wen and had he been in a better state, Qiao Feng would probably show him some brotherly concern. But his mind is now muddled with Lan Shan so he texts: There is a woman whom I think I like."

Wu Wen: I'm glad you said "woman" and not "man".

Da Wu: I'm glad you said "woman" and not "man".

Qiao Feng: ....

Wu Wen: Lao Wu, so you have finally decided to surface? You did not reply me, not even once, but replied Qiao Feng immediately and even copied my answer to boot? Tell me the truth – am I adopted? Where did you find me? Quick, send me back to my rightful owner~

Da Wu: You want a reply from me? Try saying you have fallen in love too.

Da Wu: And I did not copy your answer. Those are really my sentiments.

Qiao Feng is feeling a bit miffed. So both his dad and brother suspect that he is not straight....

Qiao Feng: What do you think I should do next?

Xiao Qiao: I'm glad you said "woman" and not "man".

Da Wu: ...

Wu Wen: ...

Qiao Feng: Mom!

Xiao Qiao: I'm so sorry, the internet connection is a little slow here. Hi son!

Qiao Feng: Yup.

Wu Wen: Here.

Da Wu: Dearest! Hug~

Xiao Qiao: All irrelevant people out there, please move aside! Qiao Feng, can you please tell me more? Who are her parents? Do we know them? Do you have a picture of her? How is her character like? How far have you progress with her?

Qiao Feng: I think I like her.

Xiao Qiao: And then?

Qiao Feng: That's all.