Untitled Part 8

If you find the following chapters unexciting, you are not alone. I am trying to summarize more but sort of cutting down entire chapters into 1-2 paragraphs (which I am going to do for chapters like "Big BOSS", I promise!), it is difficult for me to cut down the QF-LS scenes especially, so please bear with me for the time being. Plus LS is so kick-ass awesome today! I am impressed at her way of saying 'no' when the occasion calls for it. Although this is just a story, but there have been too many times in real life we bend to accommodate others so her action to me, is so satisfying to read. Have a great weekend everyone!

Chapter 15: Big Boss

Lan Shan does not remember how she left Qiao Feng's apartment. Physically, she is back at her sofa but mentally, her thoughts are still at his place...

So...

Really ...

The truth is ...

Damn it! She should have realized that all good men have already been taken!

Her feelings on the discovery are pretty complex. Shock, yes, plus disappointment at his ready admission. But in all fairness, Qiao Feng makes such a great house-wife, even she does not know of any woman who can compare with him. But why is the person who benefit still a man?

In addition, there is also a bit of jealousy in the mix. It is a bit weird since he is not a woman (but then, he is not exactly a man in that sense either right?). It is a bit hard to explain but the feeling is like seeing another smarter, more beautiful, more capable, person finding her happiness before herself.

She knows she should not be so harsh in her thinking. Although Qiao Feng is beautiful and virtuous, he is not a sissy and behaves normally. If she has to describe him, she will say that he is like the winter sunshine – his rays may not be hot or scorching but they are bright and clear, definitely enough to warm a person.

Yes, she really should not be so narrow-minded. Love is a wonderful thing and there is no gender difference before its presence. Liking something or someone is purely personal. What right does she have to judge?

But even if she is now reconciled with his sexual orientation, it does not mean that she is happy for Xiao You Cai's far-fetch theory to be proven the truth. Since when has her friend's predictions been so accurate?

Picking up her phone, she texts Xiao You Cai: I hate you!

Xiao You Cai: So you have finally learnt the truth.

Lan Shan: (╰_╯)#

Xiao You Cai: Darling, hear me out. Although the child is not yours, my love for you is true.

Faces with a friend this wacky, what else can Lan Shan say?

* * * * * * * *

When she reaches office the next day, Lan Shan receives a phone call which makes her happy – Song Zi Cheng will be coming to test drive the R8 in the afternoon.

She smells business.

Something tells her that Song Zi Cheng is wealthy. If everything works out, he may just decide to buy the car today. It does not cross her mind – or rather she is not so egoistical to think – that this is merely his excuse to see her again. For successful men like him, it is no uncommon to buy a mistress. Since she has express her disinterest, well, there is really no shortage of willing beauties around so why would he insists?

Old Wang calls her into his office. "Who is the customer that you are arranging a test drive on such short notice? Is he good-looking? Are you thinking of harassing him?"