Prison (part two)

Catarina

Kristina finally opens the door and I smile at her. "Hey, I tried to come earlier but you weren't home." She smiles softly and moves from the door as a sign for me to come in the house. "I was with Shawn sorry."

My eyebrows furrow as I walk in the house and sit down on the couch. "With Shawn? Again?" "Yeah, I had to go there because of the therapy you know, I have to talk to him and show him my journal, the usual." She smiles softly at me but I just raise my eyebrow and cross my arms in front of my chest. "You sure is just that?"

That moment I know everything's lost, when the pink color reaches her cheeks and her hair find its place ajusted behind her ear carefully by her hand that I know, Shawn is definitely not just therapy anymore.

"Well, Shawn can be really sweet and caring and lovely when he wants...." Before she can end her phrase I cut her off. "Are you seriously falling for him Kristina, after everything he did to you? Are you seriously that naive?"

As soon as the words leave my mouth regret fills me, fuck, I can see Kristina eyes watering but I can't break down, I gotta keep strong and call her out for reason. "Well, I'm sorry that not all of us can be heartless bitches." My heart breaks as I hear a new challenging tone on Kristina voice, she's not letting me win this fight and I know it. "Excuse me?" "You heard me, you always think about yourself and yourself only!" I stand up madly and grab my bag. "Fine! If that's what you think of me there's no point in me being here, good luck with the kidnapper!"

Before Kristina could say anything I was already gone, and, the moment I got in the car I broke down, cause fuck, if she at least knew how much I love her.