Far

Shawn

"Dad pleaseee." I hear Sophie, my daughter, voice through my phone speaker. "Sophie you know I can't, I want to but your mom would kill me."

Sophie is trying to convince me to go to her house for Christmas, I really want to go but me and Kristina decided to break up some months ago because things between us weren't working, we fought a lots and I don't want things to get awkward between us nor to fight on Christmas night.

"Mom said you can come." Sophie says calmly leaving me shocked, Kristina wants me there, I, wow. "I, well gosh I'll be there in twenty then."

We share a "I love you" and then I hang up the call and drive to Kristina house nervously.

***

It's been twenty minutes, twenty long minutes since I arrived and to be honest I'm starting to getting anxious, why can't I just know? Why can't I just knock on the door? It's something so easy.

My fists finally decide to collaborate with my wish by hitting the wooden door softly.

Just the way I was expecting the door opens revealing Kristina, her hair is shorter than the last time I saw her and her blue eyes shine with confusion. She's wearing a beautiful red dress that hugs her curves perfectly and in this moment I understand how bad I am without her, my shirt has a huge stain, my jeans are being wear for the second time and some lonely face hair grows in my chin, I should have cleaned before coming gosh. "Shawn? What are you doing here?" I gulp, maybe she changed her mind. "Sophie told me you said I could come over." I scratch the back of my head nervously and Kristina sighs. "Sophie isn't here right now, she's at my mom house but come in, you can stay until she comes back." I smile softly. "Thanks."

The hours pass and soon the afternoon became evening and now we are both sit on the couch laughing, two wine bottles empty on the coffee table in front of us. To be honest I haven't felt this free in some time. I love to see how Kristina hair fall softly in front of her eyes when she laughs, gosh I miss her so much. "Kristina?" She looks at me with curiosity taking over her beautiful being. "Tell me." "Why did we get divorced?"

By now we are both looking at each other in the eyes. "Because of the fights Shawn, things weren't easy, but, but...." She leans in making our lips almost touch. "......I never stopped loving you." She whispers and I can't take it any longer, I cup her cheeks alouding my hands to finally feel her soft skin like I've been needing for so long.

And if I thought feeling her skin was good, the moment our lips touched was amazing, electricity radiating from our bodies.

We move laying down on the couch, my body on too of Kristina's and in some minutes we are both in the bed passionately making love, everything seems resumed to this moment, no fights matter, no break up matters, there's nothing else now, there's only us, there's only the beautiful eternity created by our different bodies fitting like only one, and from now on it will be like that, I won't be far again, I'll be always here, for Kristina and Sophie cause there's nothing that matters more for me than my family.