Jealous

Jo

We walk through the beautiful streets of Zagreb, my fingers tangled on Kristina's, smiles on both of our faces.

It's the first time I came to Zagreb, we arrived yesterday and had dinner with Kristina parents and to be honest it was better than I thought, I was waiting for a weird awkward atmosphere, I was even worried her parents wouldn't like me or our relationship cause we are both girls but it actually went pretty well, her parents were amazing, they welcomed me like a part of the family and we all actually had an amazing time.

Now there's what's worrying me the most, meeting her friends, just some, Karla, Katarina and Lea, this was actually making me so much nervous cause gosh they were the ones who spent their whole childhood with Kristina and they are the ones who know her the best, if they don't like me I'm pretty sure they'll turn Kristina against me and sooner or later the fights will start and maybe one day the breakup...

I'm woken up from my thoughts by Kristina softly pulling me closer. "We are here." Her voice was sweet and I gave her a quick peck on the lips before sitting down.

The girls arrive and soon they are all talking about something I surely assume is funny since all of them are laughing, but it's Croatian so I really don't understand, my arm is around Kristina shoulders and I softly push her to me before whispering in her ear. "What's so funny." She shakes her head and look up at me. "It's a inside joke you won't get it, plus, it's only funny in Croatian." She turns back to her friends and I just play with my coffee trying to ignore the sadness raising on my chest.

Maybe I shouldn't be here, she'd have so much fun with her friends anyway, they are all soooooo wholesome (can you note the sarcasm?).

Just as I start to set a mental excuse to sneak out I see something I highly didn't want to see.

Karla arm is now wrapped around Kristina shoulder while they laugh at something.

This situation gets me so hurt yet so mad, how could she aloud that? Kristina knows how jealous I am and how much the thought of her with another person hurts me, plus I know of the crush Kristina had on Karla, I've spent the whole time trying to remain calm but I just can't, this is too much to handle, I can't see my girlfriend, the love of my life and who I actually was thinking of proposing to today there hugged to some other girl.

I shot Karla a dead glare and stand up before looking at Kristina who's not so entertained now, instead the predominant emotion on her beautiful eyes is confusion. "Anna just texted, I've got a script to check, I'm going back home, see you." "No, Jo wai-" I cut her off. "No Kristina, stay here and have fun with them."

And just like that I make my way to the door coldly, she says something and then I hear some Croatian whispers, but to be honest, I didn't care, I just wanted to leave this damn cafe.