Revenge (part four)

Jo

The minutes passed as the water moved slowly, insanely slowly, it was driving me nuts.

How could the water move so slow when all my life ended so fast?

My arms found its way around my legs as tears left my eyes, why did it had to be a lie? Why couldn't I be happy for once? My life seemed to be finally getting good, my parents restarted talking after the painful process their divorce was, Kristina seemed to love me, my sister and I were trying our best to have something kinda like a friendship, but now it all seemed so empty.

I closed my eyes letting the tears take over me, fuck it, I can't keep pretending everything's fine when it surely isn't.

I heard someone sitting next to me.

I didn't need to see it.

I knew it was her.

I heard the little stones moving and her loud sigh. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

I kept quiet.

"Please let me explain it to you, please."

I nodded my head slowly.

"At the beginning it was a revenge, I admit it, I only did it to hurt Shawn and also to hurt you I guess." She stopped for a bit, the regret and pain on her voice was obvious. "I, I really am sorry, I tried to pretend you meant nothing but a revenge for me, I tried to sleep with Shawn so I could deny how I feel about you, I tried to hide that since the moment our lips met you stopped meaning just some stupid revenge for me, but I couldn't, everything inside me was sure you were the love of my life and soon I just wanted to listen to you laughing or to see your perfect smile or to kiss your delicious lips, so I'm sorry, please forgive me, I never meant to hurt you, cause damn Jo, you may don't get it but you are my whole freaking world."

By now cheeks ran down both of our cheeks, I know she messed up and it was painful, but I can't lie and say I don't love her, cause Jesus, I do, I love this woman so freaking much, so I did what I know to do better, I took her face between my shacking hands, left my eyes fall shut and kissed her in the most soft, passionate and perfect way we've ever did.