Ski trip

Jo

I pack every little thing I need and make my way outside, my best friend, Kristina is waiting for me outside, a huge smile on her lips, just the way I like it.

Kristina and I have been best friends for years, I honestly barely remember life before her, but I can't deny that during all this years my feelings towards her grew, and not only in a best friend way, I fell in love with her and I couldn't just fall out of it, I could even claim she's the love of my life, but I unfortunately don't have the balls to tell her the way I feel.

Today we are going on a ski trip with her family, she always goes and this year she invited me, I freaking couldn't be happier to be lucky to spend four days with her on one of her favorite family traditions.

***

Not even a hour passed since we arrived here and we are already ready to ski, I'm honestly really nervous, I've never made ski so I'll probably end up falling, and that's exactly what happens.

Mine and Kristina laugh fill the air as I try to stand up from the mount of white, cold and fluffy snow. "Are you okay?" She ask stretching her arm at me, I grab her hand to stand up and my body emidintly start heating up as my cheeks become red. "I'm fine don't worry." I stand up making our chest nearly touch and in that moment I swear I could see her cheeks becoming a bit darker.

The rest of the afternoon we spend skiing, I'm getting gradually better at it actually, and right now we are at one little karaoke bar.

I watch as the cups come and go from our table, both, me and Kristina a bit drunk already, but oh gosh who cares, I love this feeling, I love laughing with Kristina and listening to people we don't know singing making us laugh even harder.

But my favorite thing of all this was to see Kristina eyes shinning of happiness and the way she smiled making me smile too, every little thing about her made fall harder for her, I can't deny it anymore, I was in love with Kristina.

A soft hand against mine made me wake up from my day dreaming and I looked up to see Kristina smiling widely. "Let's sing a song." I look at her hopeful eyes and I just can't say no.

In some seconds we are both on the stage holding microphones as the beat of 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran kicks in, there's something so special about this song, maybe it isn't it song itself, maybe it's just the way Kristina is looking at me, her blue eyes shinning and the most beautiful smile I've ever seen playing on her lips, I mentally take a picture of her right now, her cheeks bright pink, her eyes filled with happiness, her hair wildly falling on her shoulders and every little frustration away from her, she's just so perfect.

The music finish and we make our way outside, a huge snow ball fight immediately started, we were both having fun until I tripped falling on the top of her, our faces dangerously close and both our breaths faster as our lips almost brushed against each other, this time it was for real, I wasn't just a girl daydreaming on her room, it was truth, I was here with Kristina and by the way her eyes looked at mine I could tell she wanted to kiss me.

Now it was our turn to say those damn lyrics cause I said quietly. "You are perfect." To which she replied with a head shaking and a whisper of: "I'm a mess." Just then my look kept stuck on hers as I whispered quietly underneath my breath. "You look perfect." After that we both closed our eyes and our lips softly, yet passionately met.