❀ Rin x Ice Skater! Reader: To Break The Ice ❀

oop,
I apologize for my inactivity on this story, but I've been on a Yuri On Ice!!! binge-rewatching spree and it ignited a spark in me to write this story

For a bit of context, reader (you) is an aspiring professional, competitive ice skater, as Rin is known in the series to be an aspiring professional competitive swimmer. Ice and Water, so to speak. It's currently winter in this chapter, and you have an upcoming competition back home in Japan; for a date you take Rin ice skating at a park and have a fun time watching him stumble around, while you laugh your ass off.
—————————————————-

It was an extra-chilly December night, the day Rin wanted to take you out on a special date before your big competition. Your maroon-haired shark for a boyfriend was more than excited to have you back home in Japan.
Lucky enough, since his swimming season was the busiest in the spring/summer & your figure skating season was especially busy in the winter, you two were still able to support each other.

Your competition was in two days, and Rin had bought a front row seat in the audience to be with your parents, and sibling(s) (if you have any). He decided to take you on a cute date downtown. The snow was lightly falling, and made the atmosphere perfect. This caused you to walk a little closer to him, and hold his hand a bit tighter, which he greatly enjoyed.
After the light meal you two had for dinner, you wanted to walk around for a bit, until you stumbled upon the ice skating rink set up in the town square.

"Oh my gosh! Rin, look!" You pointed towards the ice rink. It was set up with colorful lights, and several people were already skating, looking like they all were having a fun time; you even had a pair of your practice skates in your backpack.

Rin looked down at your excited expression and smiled. A sight he always loved seeing. He let you drag him by his arm towards the rink, all the while, he was a bit too over-confident in himself as he usually is to realize his little-to-no experience in ice skating.
At most, his knowledge was only from coming to your home rink in Japan and competition rink in Australia, watching you practice. He never actually stepped foot, or in this case, blade on the ice before. After insisting on paying for admission for the both of you, boasting that you'll surely win the grand amount of prize money at your competition, which would be incomparable to the town ice rink's entrance fee for two people.

After slipping on your personal pair of skates, Rin insisted you go on before him while he put on the rental pair. In reality, he was starting to regret how confident he was in his non-existent ice skating abilities. He watched you glide onto the ice with ease and grace. It was hard for him to maneuver himself in skates; firmly gripping onto the side of the rink, he felt his legs quiver along with his anxiety. Rin tried skating towards you, but he kept stumbling. If anything, you were having more fun watching him keep losing his balance, than you were having on the actual date overall.

You let out a light giggle.
"Ahh, it's like watching a baby deer get up and try walking on its own for the first time." you wholesomely thought to yourself.

"Rin, you're adorable." You called out to him. His eyes were focused on the ice, trying not to lose his balance, but as he turned his head to look at you, he fell on the ice. A few young children skated by, laughing at him. Rin looked back at the kids with an annoyed expression. Skating towards him, you helped Rin up.

"Not so easy, isn't it?" You winked, teasing him.

"Alright alright, I rest my case. This is fucking hard, babe. How did you ever become able to do all those fancy jumps and spins?" He responded.

"Patience, practice, and a whole lot of bruising." You shrugged. Staring to skate in the opposite direction, you tried pulling Rin along with you, in hopes of getting him to at least move on the ice.

"(Y/N) p-please don't let go." He said softly like a timid child.

"I won't." You smiled at him.

Even if it was just ice, Rin was surely out of his element. Looking down at how tightly and desperately he was gripping onto your hands, made you blush redder than the lights. You took him out for a few simple spins and basic turns before Rin's anxiety got the best of him, and wanting to take a quick 5-minute break. He stood rink-side securely leaning against the railing, watching you skate off on your own. Still staying relatively close to him, you did a few complex moves that were in your actual competition routine.

Double Toe Loop, Triple Axel, Salchow, Flip, Lutz

Rin watched in awe, and you could see the blush on his face when you skated back towards him. You had even managed to catch quite the attention of the other rink attendees. After much praise and compliments from Rin as usual, you decided to take him out for another spin on the ice. Holding onto his hands securely, the two of you spent the rest of the evening ice skating with each other, enjoying the time of ease you still had left before your big competition.

Later, just as the two of you were exiting the rink for Rin to walk you back home, you were stopped by a few fans, all of which were children. They came up to you, excited and eager.

"(Y/N)-san! The famous figure skater!!"
"(Y/N)-sama, I LOVE YOU!!
"(Y/N)(L/N)!! I'm a big fan! Please sign this, I really want your autograph."
"(Y/N)-sama! Can we please take a picture?"

You spent a good 20 minutes kindly greeting and interacting with your small group of fans, a common occurrence whenever you came back to your home city. Meanwhile, Rin sat on a bench nearby holding your stuff. Like a loyal boyfriend. After the last autograph, and last picture, you ran to join him.

"Rin-chan! I am so sorry! Th-they were kids, and I just couldn't let them down. And they're even coming to watch me compete, and and–"

You rambled through your apology, and then suddenly Rin interrupted you with a kiss mid-sentence. He chuckled at how flustered you became.

"R-Rin, w-what? I-I"

"(Y/N)-chan, it's okay I understand. Actually I thought that it was really cute, the way you tried your best to make all of those children happy. You know, despite all this cold ice and cold winter, your heart still stays as warm as that spring when we first got together."

————————————————————

🅘 🅝 🅕 🅞 ʕʔ
💌 Instagram|Twitch|YouTube: @choba_tea
💌 (anime) Instagram: @choba.bot