❀ Rei: Medic ❀

A/N: ayyyyeee!!! Yo girl finally got CPR, AED, & first aid certified from her Sports Med class!!!

~In this oneshot, Your dream is to become a doctor & currently you take Sports Medicine as a class and you've already been certified for first aid & CPR.
After 10 months of getting to know him, he finally asks you to be your girlfriend. However, he doesn't know how to pop the question. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your parents were both fairly wealthy doctors which inspired you to take up nursing. You even were in the school's sports medicine class which taught about human anatomy and how to treat/care for injuries. The CPR, AED, and first aid unit rolled around, which was really easy for you. After the unit test, which you passed, you became certified.

You were currently helping your sports medicine teacher by sorting through an organizing boxes of various types of athletic tape. When suddenly you heard loud footsteps and familiar shouting heading towards your direction.

"Y/N-san!! Please help!! It's Rei!" Gou bursted through the door. As soon as the name of your friend, but also longtime crush escapes her lips, you were already running to the pool.

*flashback*

"So Rei-chan, when are you going to ask Y/N to be your girlfriend?" Asked Nagisa, unwrapping a sandwich.

"Yeah Rei-kun, it's about time!!!" Gou chimed in.

Rei blushed and looked down.
"I mean, I've been meaning to ask her for a long time." He mumbled.

"Yeah! Stop being a pussy and just do it already!" said Thugisa.

"I agree, you better just confess your feelings now before someone else does." added Makoto.

"You should prank her." said Haru, bluntly. And with that, Rei had the perfect idea. The next lunch period, they discussed how Rei was going to finally ask Y/N to be his girlfriend.

"Okay, so I'll use me best acting skills and pretend that I drowned." started Rei.

"Then I'll go find Y/N and act all scared." added Gou.

"But you have to make it sound super legit tho." said Nagisa.
"Then Y/N will come running and try to save Rei-kun!" said Gou.

"Then, I'll finally do it." said Rei, confidently. The team further discussed and added and also scrapped other ideas before "swim practice" later that day.

"Rei, are you ready?" Asked Makoto.
Rei was trembling slightly.
"W-what if she thinks I'm an idiot and says no?"

"I can tell how she loves you so much. I doubt that she'll reject you." Haru put a hand on Rei's shoulder. Rei regained his confidence and was determined to make Y/N, his.

"Okay! Lights! Camera! Action!" cheered Gou.
"Let's f*ckin' do this! YEET!" And with that, Nagisa pushed Rei into the pool.

**********************************

You sprinted to the pool area, tears already welling in the corners of your eyes.
"This isn't happening, this isn't real." You thought, or you wanted to think.
You practically tore through the pool gates and was shocked to actually find Rei's "unconscious" body lying next to the pool.

"Rei!" You screamed and rushed to his side. You looked to the other members of the swim team.
"What happened?!" You tried to tell but tears choked your voice.

"He started to drown and Haru-chan pulled him up, out of the pool!" said Nagisa, frantically.
"So this is real." You thought, wiping the tears from your eyes.

Behind you, Makoto and Gou smirked at eachother.
"She actually fell for it!" Gou silently mouthed.

You put an ear near Rei's mouth and chest. 10 seconds passed. You heard no breath.

"Gou! You go call *designated emergency number*. Nagisa! You go get me a first aid kit and an AED!" You instructed.

You felt like as if you were going to have a heart attack yourself.
"If anything happens to him, I'm going to....." you frantically thought, trying to act quickly as you were trained and taught to do.

A/N: I'm also writing this because of how much I cringed during the Makoto drowning scene in the show and how HARUKA DIDN'T EVEN DO THE CPR RIGHT. You're supposed to FIRST check for breathing for no more than 10 seconds, give a set of 30 chest compressions, and THEN 2 rescue breaths and then repeat.
dammit, Haru. -_-

You propped yourself up on your knees and started giving chest compressions. With your bare hands on Rei's bare chest, he had to restrain himself.
After the 30 chest compressions, you leaned down to give him 2 rescue breaths.

"If I can't save him, then I can't be able to live with myself." The thoughts and emotions raced through your mind, trying to "save him".

Rei needed to have his eyes closed for her to fall for it but he fought to open them. He felt a pair of soft lips meet his.
"Wait! M-my first kiss?!" He thought. Surprisingly, Rei didn't think this all the way through. He felt amazed but also confused. He thought that he would be the one initiating the first kiss. Turns out his first kiss came from her in the form of a rescue breath.

She gave the second rescue breath. Rei heard her rise up to give another set of chest compressions. Rei opened his eyes and sat up immediately.

"R-Rei!" You exclaimed.
"D-did I actually just save him?!" You wondered.

Rei took your hand and crashed his lips into yours, finally kissing you himself.
"Ahh! Rei! Mmph-" he silenced you.

Your face flushed 50 shades of red as your mind raced with thoughts.
"HE's ACTUALLY KISSING ME!!!"
"WHAT WHAT WHAT"

Rei broke the kiss and held both of your delicate hands that you used to "recessitate" him into his own.

"Y/N-san, I've been meaning to ask you for a long time but, will you please be my girlfriend?" He looked up at you with glimmering amethyst eyes. Tears started to form in your eyes and they quickly poured out. You started crying and then it developed into laughing.

Rei was confused by your response. He looked at Nagisa with a weary look.
"Oh no, she's rejecting me." He thought.

You playfully slapped Rei on the shoulder.

"AHAHAHAHA haaaaa, you idiot! Dammit Rei! Of course I'll be your girlfriend." You replied, wiping your tears. And with that, the two of you rose to your feet and he engulfed you in his strong, muscular arms and hugged as he kissed the top of your forehead.

"Thank you Y/N, you saved me." Rei whispered in your ear.

"IT'S OFFICIAL!!!" Exclaimed Nagisa, excitedly.

Talented artists, I know you're out there. Please send dat schweet ChobaRei fanart my way 😭🙏🏼
——————————————————-
ⓕⓞⓛⓛⓞⓦ  ⓜⓔ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
💌instagram   @choba_tea
💌Twitch          @choba_tea
💌Snapchat      @melody-kun
💌YouTube      @choba_tea