❀ Makoto : An Unbreakable Promise ❀

General POV:

[ When Makoto & y/n were 7 years old]

Makoto woke up, happy about the day he planned with y/n to spend the entire day at the park. After he changed clothes and ate breakfast, he excitedly walked to y/n's house. He stopped in his tracks when he noticed a bunch of boxes in the front yard and y/n putting items in them. He ran up to her.

"Y/N, what's all this?" he asked, worried. Y/n had a sad look on her face, on the verge of tears. "I-I'm moving back to (home country)." She replied. Makoto was in shock. This couldn't be happening. He and Y/n have been close friends for years.

"W-what?! Why?" Makoto asked, tears streaming down his face. "My dad's job needs him there. So we're all moving, and today's my last day." sadly replied y/n, looking down at her feet. "But why didn't you tell me?" Asked Makoto.

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings and see you sad like this." y/n replied, a tear running down her cheek. Makoto grabbed her hand and started running. Y/n tried her best to keep up, but was confused.

"Mako-chan? What are you doing? Where are we going?" asked Y/N "I promised you that I would spend the entire day with you at the park, and I wil." He said with a determined tone.

They both had a fun day at the park. They climbed tress, rode the swings, slid down the slide, and Makoto even bought her an ice cream.

At the end of the day:

The sun started setting and Makoto & y/n sat on the hill watching the sun set. "So y/n, when will you be coming back?" asked Makoto. "I don't know, my parents said that they want me to go to college here in Japan." y/n replied.

Makoto took y/n's hands in his own. "When you come back, please promise me that you'll be my girlfriend, y/n:" he said as he looked her in the eye. Y/n nodded. "Okay!" Makoto blushed and kissed y/n on the cheek. Y/n knew that she couldn't let Makoto down and she couldn't break the unbreakable promise.

The years passed. They promised to always send letters, and video chat, and as they got older, they would text. However, gradually as time progressed, the video chats became shorter, the texts, became not as frequent, and the letters stopped coming.

Y/n was often very busy in (home county), but she thought about Makoto a lot. Y/n was on Makoto's mind all the time. He began to worry when the letters stopped coming.

11 years later:

Y/N graduated high school with honors and Makoto got accepted into the local university. Even though the communication started lacking between them, both kept their promise. Y/N grown up, a beauty. She had to reject a couple love confessions in (home country), doing her best to keep her end of the unbreakable promise. Meanwhile in Iwatobi, Makoto had grown up strong and handsome, also rejecting love confessions even from Gou, to keep his end of the promise.
Y/N and Makoto had eachother in their hearts.

Present day:

Y/N sighed as she walked down the streets of her home town of Iwatobi. "Not much has changed, hasn't it?" She thought. She stuffed her hands in her hoodie pockets and continued walking. It was great to be back, but it didn't feel the same without Makoto.

Makoto just finished applying for college and was currently just walking around the city. He suddenly stopped and his eyes widened. However the bustling streets filled with people, he had his gaze fixed on a familiar, beautiful figure.

"It just can't be! That's Y/n, right?" Thoughts running through his mind. He was snapped out of his trance as the familiar figure turned around so that her face became clear and visible to Makoto. He then realized that it was the same y/n he knew.

"Y/N!" He yelled through the crowd.
Y/n scanned the crowd and her eyes locked on Makoto. "Is that Mako-chan?" she thought. Makoto broke through the crowd and ran through the people and tightly hugged y/n, picking her up in the process, and spinning her around. They laughed tears of joy as he put her down. Y/n looked up at Makoto and crashed her lips into his and Makoto kissed back, surprised that she even remembered the promise.

"Y/n, will you please be my girlfriend?" Makoto asked. "Yes of course, my idiot!" replied y/n.

🅘 🅝 🅕 🅞 ʕʔ
💌 Instagram|Twitch|YouTube: @choba_tea
💌 (anime) Instagram: @choba.bot