Chapter 56

"Tell me again why we are out here in the freezing cold when we could be nice and snug inside?" I said grumpily as Killian and I froze our butts off outside in the snow.

"How about you stop whining like a child and do as I say."

I glared at him but kept my mouth shut and tried desperately to clear my mind and think of nothing just as he said. The only problem was that I couldn't seem to think of nothing because I kept thinking, 'think of nothing', if that even makes sense. The ice cold didn't help either as I was shivering and everything seemed to distract me.

"Close your eyes and free your mind."

Easier said than done, I thought bitterly.

"It is easy, an infant could do it," Killian snipped.

"Shit, did I say that out loud?"

"Yes, you did, now focus!"

"I'm trying okay, stop shouting at me!"

"I swear to the Goddess, you better start listening or else I'll get Alpha here."

"Go get him, as if he'd ever take your side!"

"Focus for f-argh..."

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" I asked cheekily as I crossed my arms over my chest. Killian glared at me as he replied grumpily,

"No, Alpha forbid us to use foul language in your presence."

I inwardly snickered but kept my poker face on for him. Our bickering wasn't going to get us anywhere. I needed to get a hold of my power and the only way to do it unfortunately was by listening to Killian.

"I'm sorry okay, I'll try to focus."

Closing my eyes I took a deep breath in and out. I tried to relax and not think of anything. After a few moments I heard Killian say,

"Good, now think of a white light, inhale it. Feel it flowing through your body, collect it in your lungs, picture it filling them up. Once your lungs are full, exhale the light through your mouth and let it flow out of your body, allow it to surround you in your own little bubble."

I did as he said and I could visually picture a bubble of white brilliant light surrounding myself.

"This bubble is your own shield, it is your safe space. You can't hurt anyone once it is formed nor can you hurt yourself. Now take in your surroundings, let your senses travel beyond what you think they can. Focus on each individual detail."

I did as he said and tried to listen to as much as I could. I could hear the birds and a slight crunch in the snow as someone was walking through it. I honed in on my senses even more and focused on Killians breathing then the forest and as I went deeper and deeper I felt dizzy as the sounds became too much for me to bare.

I snapped my eyes open, my breathing harsh as I panted. My ears were ringing. Clutching my head I looked up at Killian across from me.

"You probably went to far, that's enough for today. I don't want to kill you or else I'll die a gruesome death. Tomorrow, same place, same time." With that said Killian got up and stalked off. He was such a perplexing werewolf it was unreal.

I was walking back to the castle, my ears still ringing when I jumped out of my skin as Sebastian appeared before me out of nowhere.

"I see your lessons were productive."

"Sebastian, you can't just sneak up on a girl like that! You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Did I make your heart beat a little faster?" He said flirtatiously.