Chapter 41

We were all seated around a huge desk in one of the rooms, it looked to be sort of like a conference room. It seemed as if Xavier had all kinds of things in this huge castle.

Most of the generals I met when I first arrived were all here and there a few new faces as well. Luca and moody Killian were seated across from me and I couldn't help but feel slightly out of place.

I was a little shocked at how everyone treated Xavier. They didn't speak unless he said they could, they never once took their eyes off of him when he spoke and no one ever spoke back to him.

It was really weird because from the moment I met him I was busy screaming at him and not once did I ever fear him but I knew everyone, including his generals who were extremely scary looking feared him.

But they didn't just fear him, no, they had the utmost respect and loyalty for him as well and I admired Xavier and them for it.

"We have always had a problem with the spell casters  and Cadmer and I know we have tried again and again to catch him. We have failed in the past but we will not fail this time.

He kidnapped my mate, your Queen Luna and that was an act of war! It will not go unpunished and I will make sure he suffers greatly for it.

He has not just hurt someone close to me but he has killed your brothers and sisters, your mothers and fathers in the past and it is high time we finally put a stop to his tyranny!

We will we working to locate him and from then on we will come up with a plan of action and we will go to war!"

Shivers erupted over my arms at the lethal tone Xavier used. He meant business and no one was going to get into his way. I knew he, no both of us would avenge myself and all the fallen werewolves by Cadmers hand and I couldn't wait to make him suffer as he made me.

Xavier and the generals continued to discuss locations and Xavier said if it came down to it he would bring all the packs into the war. The discussion continued for hours. When ever someone came up with a plan, some one else would point out a flaw in it and then they would all break out in another round of, it wasn't quite arguing but it was close.

It was almost four o'clock by the time Xavier called the meeting off and said everyone could leave. After hours of discussions we weren't any closer to capturing Cadmer than we were in the beginning.

After everyone filed out it was just me and him. He tuned to look at me and I saw how stressed he looked.

"You should go get something to eat."

"No, you should." I said stubbornly and leaned closer to him. He narrowed those grey orbs at me and glared. If he thought his look was going to scare me he could think again. I narrowed my own eyes up at him and we continued to glare at each other until he sighed loudly and said,

"Victoria, please, go get some food and relax." Why was he insisting I leave, I mean he hasn't eaten anything and if he was going to continue to work then I would as well. I couldn't just go and relax, knowing he was in here stressing.

But then again I guess, me refusing him would only lead to him getting angry and even more stressed and worked up. Maybe I'll just listen to him and go get us both some food. Yes, that sounded like a better idea.

"Fine, but I'm coming back in here with food for you. Now tell me what you want. Wait, wait I know, something raw, right? Should I go kill some poor deer and drag it's carcass back in here for you?" I was grinning evilly at him and I watched at his mouth twitched and his eyes narrowed playfully down at me this time.

" I'll eat what ever you are eating and the only carcass I want back in here is yours." Xavier said smirking at me and I leaned even closer into him and then I flicked his nose and got up and walked out. I heard him muttering something under his breath before I left and I just smiled to myself. I must admit, I enjoyed irritating him way to much.