Chapter 17

The drive to my house was filled with tension and awkwardness. I didn't look at Xavier once nor speak to him but I occasionally felt warm all over and knew he was looking at me.

We finally pulled up to my house and I yanked the car door open and almost sprinted to the front door.

I knocked once and within a few seconds Ginger opened it wearing an apron covered in flour and a huge smile.

Before I could say anything she grabbed me and hugged me so tight I couldn't breath. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged back, I missed her so much.

' Oh Tori I missed you so much! The house was so quiet without you! And I-' Gingers rambling was cut off when she looked behind me.

I could feel Xavier's body pressing right into me as he snaked his arm around my waist.

' Hello Ginger. ' he said from behind.

Ginger blinked and was about to say something but I beat her to it.

' I know he's the king Ginger and I must say I'm curious as to why you didn't tell me.' With that said I pushed through the door and out of Xavier's arms.

I could hear them both waking inside and following me to the lounge.

Xavier sat right next to me and Ginger sat opposite us.

Ginger looked between the two of us and no doubt sensed the tension. She covered it up quickly and smiled at us excusing herself to the kitchen to bring us the cookies she had just baked.

' Do not be angry at her, Victoria, I ordered her and Chris to not say anything for the time being. ' Xavier said shifting even closer to me.

Man but his smell drove me insane I just wanted to sniff his neck.

' You seem to order people around a lot huh?' I said not bothering to look at him.

He just sighed and looked away just as Ginger burst through, holding a tray of cookies that made me drool.

She offered us and we both took one.
I think Xavier just took it to not be rude .

' So, how have you guys been?' I asked Ginger.

' Fine, there hasn't been any problems this past week but the Alpha said they've spotted strangers near our perimeters. '

' What, wolves?' I asked again finishing off my cookie.

' No, strangely enough the border patrols said they got a weird scent from them not werewolf at all but slightly human.' She looked creeped out by it and so did I. What in the world was going on?

' They have found us' Xavier solemnly said from beside me.

' What, who's they ?' I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

' Spell casters, and more importantly Cadmer. ' Xavier put his arm around my waist with that sentence as if he was scared I would disappear.

Spell casters? Cadmer? Who in the hell was that!

' What do you mean spell casters like they can cast spells?!' I exclaimed.

Ginger looked shocked but as if she'd heard about them before but couldn't quite believe it.

' Yes, and dangerous ones at that. They have hunted our kind for generations. They have hated us since we were at war with them centuries ago. Their leader is the most powerful spell caster named Cadmer. No one knows his true identity that is all we have, a mere name. ' Xavier grimly said.

' But... but how come I've never heard of them?' I shockingly said.

' Well we don't really believe in them anymore, honey, they became a myth. This is the first time they have made themselves known in decades. They are able to mask their scent and blend in with the humans. Now suddenly they are openly telling us they are here. But why?' Ginger said looking expectantly at Xavier as if he'd have all the answers.

I wanted to know as well.

' This is not the first time they have made themselves known. They killed my parents twenty years ago when I just a one year old pup. They would of killed me too but my nurse managed to smuggle me out and I was in hiding in the northern mountains. I was only able to come out and claim my birthright at sixteen.' Xavier sounded so sad when he mentioned his parents I felt bad in that moment for not knowing this about my mate and it gave me a little insight on why he was so protective of me as well.

I didn't care I took his large, rough hand in mine and squeezed he looked down at our hands and then into my eyes and squeezed back.

' They are making themselves know now because I have found my mate and they want to capture her to get to me. ' Xavier said looking into my eyes.

I was stunned into silence.

' They can't get Tori! Xavier you have to protect my baby!' Ginger all but yelled.

Xavier just calmly said,

' I would never allow her to be hurt, ever. I can promise you that.' He promised looking directly into Gingers eyes. Ginger just nodded looking somewhat more calm and reassured.

' Xavier, you can't expect me to hide away in your house forever, you do realise that don't you?' I told him, refusing to be locked away. Yes, I am aware of the danger but I mean they are hunting him and other werewolves as well and I don't see them hiding away. I'm a big girl I can take care of myself, not that I'm refusing help I hate being indoors all day and refuse to let that become my life.

We have to resolve the issue of these spell casters as soon as possible.' I said to both of them.

' Yes, I know that. What do you think I have been trying to do? I have been hunting Cadmer and his followers for ages and they are so well hidden it is near impossible.' He said.

' So we wait for them to come to us. ' I said back. They both looked alarmed at that but I mean if they are so hard to find then  let them come to us and we can deal with them then.

' You do realise it could endanger your life.' Xavier said looking some what angered.

' Yes, okay it may but if we can't find them then what are we supposed to do? I'm still going to live my life. I'm going to school tomorrow.'

Ginger looked reluctant at that.

' I did say you could but all this talk about them has made me even more worried.' He softly said the last part. I sighed and looking into his eyes I promised him I'd be safe.

' And Ethan  and James are going to be there remember.' I tried to butter him up with that, throwing in some safety.

' I know, ' he just said.

We all chatted some more after that and had super with Ginger and Chris which was nice it felt good to be home again. Xavier got on well with them but they always seemed to hold back slightly, always showing him respect and agreeing to everything he said. Must be a king thing. It's funny how I never seemed to agree or obey him.

As we entered the house it was dead silent and I proceeded to walk up into his bedroom. He was following softly behind me and I was confused because I thought he was going to sleep in the guest bedroom. I though perhaps he needed some pyjamas so I didn't say anything.

I took a step into the room and quick as a flash I was thrown against the bedroom door, Xavier's hands around my waist his face in my neck.

I was momentarily stunned. I felt him sniffing my neck and then I could feel his fangs descend, they brushed the spot were his mark was supposed to be and I shivered in delight. My wolf was purring and filled with lust.

' I am so sorry.' He said just as he plunged his fangs into my neck and bit down hard, marking me forever more as his and only his.

———————————-
Sooooooo, it's happened!!! She's marked (squeals internally ) but what do think about how Xavier marked her and why so brutally and suddenly ????????

Thoughts anyone?!

Don't forget to vote and comment💗