Chapter 35

"Pack your bags," Xavier said.

He had called me into his office and I came curious as to what he wanted and let me tell you, that was the last thing I expected him to say.

"What? Why?"

He glanced up at me from the paperwork on his mahogany desk and said simply,

"Because we are leaving." I crossed my arms and glared at him in annoyance.

"I figured that out, genius, I want to know why we are leaving and while you're at it, how about you tell me where we are going."

He gave me a blank look and I heard him mutter under his breath,

"The attitude.." my eyes bulged and my mouth opened in shock. Did he-did he just say that?! Little weirdo is feeling brave I see.

"Did you just say I have attitude?"

"No, of course not Buttercup. I was merely talking to myself."

"Yeah, I'm sure you were, Honey-cakes."

" Now, would my Little Chocolate Drop like to know where we are going and why we are leaving?"

"Yes, she would." I huffed and leaned forward, resting my elbows on the front of his desk.

He leaned forward as well and said,

" We are leaving because I can't risk your safety any longer with Cadmer out to gain his sadistic vengeance and I am taking you to the safest place I can think of....my home."

"Your home?"

"Yes," he answered and leaned back and resumed looking at paperwork in front of him, once more.

"When are we leaving?"

"Today," He said and didn't even bother to look up. Okay, I'm getting irritated now. Why isn't he telling me outright what the heck is going on and what we are actually doing. I want details and dates and he's giving me the bare minimums.

"Xavier, leave that gods damn paperwork and speak to me."

"I already told you everything."

"No, you didn't. What time exactly are we leaving and do you just expect me leave without saying goodbye to Chris and Ginger? I'm also kind of annoyed how you just assumed I'd leave with you and you didn't even bother to consult me on the whole thing?"

" We leave at three pm and of course I didn't expect you to leave without saying goodbye to them, that is why I invited them over for lunch at twelve, this afternoon. I apologise if you are offended that I didn't consult with you, so I'll ask you now Buttercup. Would you like to come home with me for your own safety and well being?"

" Thank you for inviting them and forgetting to mention that you did and yes I can't wait to." I said sarcastically and got up to leave.

I turned around from his desk and was headed to the door when I felt his arms go around me from behind.

He squeezed me tighter towards himself and I shivered when he placed a kiss on my neck.