Chapter 38

Omg the book has reached 21k and it is all because of my wonderful readers thank you so much❤️ This chapter is dedicated to @omerit111 and @I_was_an_accident thank you for voting and commenting throughout 💝

_____________________________

Xavier turned to me and I waited patiently for his response. I don't know why but I just had a bad feeling about this Lady Kathryn.

"Her family are extremely wealthy and have been friends with my family for decades."

I narrowed my eyes slightly and asked him if he was a close friend of hers.

"Well we were childhood friends of sorts for example when ever her family would come visit we would play together as children."

"Oh okay then."

"Don't give me that look Buttercup." Xavier said and started walking towards me. I just scrunched up my eyebrows and asked him what look?

"You are doing it right now! The look that says you don't really believe me." Xavier exclaimed with a slight smile on his face. He stood right in front of me, his hands rested loosely around my waist. His intoxicating scent was driving me insane.

"No, I do believe you but did you ever have any other relationship with her?" He raised his eyebrows at that and smirked at me. Since when does he smirk like that?!

"Are you jealous?" I widened my eyes at his worlds and quickly rushed out,

"What me, jealous? Never!"

"Hmmm, what ever you say Buttercup and no we did not have any other sort of relationship. Remember my family was murdered  and I went into hiding in  the Northern mountains. I didn't exactly have time for a relationship nor did I want one, especially with her."

Oh, right, I completely forgot about him going into hiding for the most part of his life. He must think I don't even care that much about him to remember something like that, in truth it just slipped my mind.

I felt extremely guilty and small for acting so ignorant and only being worried about if he was with someone before me.

Xavier must have sensed my expression because he lifted my chin up with his fingers and made me look into his concerned grey eyes.

"What's wrong, love, did I say something to upset you?" His sweet words made me feel even worse, even now he thought it was him that was the problem.

I laughed softly and put my arms around his waist. Resting my head on his board chest I could hear how his heat beat picked up at our sudden contact.

"No, I'm just upset that I forgot you went into hiding. I was so focused on finding out who she was and I don't want you to think I don't care about you because I do, a lot even though you  annoy me most of the time and sometimes I really just want to hit-"

"Okay, okay I get it." He said with a small laugh and then began stroking my hair. I almost purred, it felt so good. Damn but his chest was comfortable and his fingers could work magic.

"Buttercup, I didn't, not for a second think you didn't care about me just because you forgot about when I went into hiding, it isn't even any thing to worry over nor is Kathryn. Go shower and then we can get into bed. I think we both need a good rest." He kissed the top of my head and I let go of his waist as he let go of mine.