Chapter 51

I didn't want to get out of bed, I was in a blissful haze. The sun was streaming into our room through the white curtains, casting the room in a warm glow. It was bitter sweet for we both knew we couldn't stay in here the whole day but by the Moon Goddess did I want to.

Xavier's face was tucked into the crook of my neck and his soft snores filled my ears as his hair tickled my skin. His arms were wrapped around me and our legs were intertwined.

I tilted my head slightly to the side so that I could get a better look at him and smiled gently at how cute he looked.

He seemed so peaceful, so rested. I felt the same, the pain from the heat was a distance echo now, I only felt him, he consumed my every thought and my every feeling.

This, this feeling right now is what it means to be mates. To share souls so intimately. I couldn't quite get enough of the feeling of being completely and utterly whole and it was all because of him.

I couldn't image being separated from him again or going through the agony of thinking he hated me.

"I could never hate you. I have never hated you." I gasped softly as I looked down at Xavier and saw him looking at me. He moved so that his arms were around my head on the pillow and his body was half on top of mine.

I don't know why but I blushed as we were both still stark naked. Xavier didn't seem to care at all however as he merely continued to look at me and touch my hair. He moved a piece away from my face and then twisted the strand around his finger absentmindedly.

"I don't want to leave." I said pouting.

"Neither do I but we have a lot of work to do. Hey, don't give me that look." He said chuckling at my scrunched up face. He stopped laughing and then grew really quite.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I looked at his solemn face.

"When I was away I was gathering an army and visiting packs and their Alphas. I gave them all the choice to join or not and most of them agreed to join the fight against Cadmer including your old pack."

"Wait, did you see Ginger and Chris?"

"Yes but only briefly, I told them you were doing fine and that you'd phone them."

"Oh," I said a little sad at the thought of them. I was really missing them.

"But that's not it, my spies got information, really important information. It's actually the reason as to why I returned and I'm glad for it."

"Ah, hold on, so Luca and Killian didn't find you?"

"No they didn't."

"Oh, okay so what information did you get?" I asked as I moved a stray piece of his hair away from his face. His hair was getting a bit longer and I kind of liked it.

"Cadmer plans on storming the castle during the full moon."

"What?!" I screeched and sat up causing Xavier to get knocked to the side of the bed.

"Victoria," he growled lowly in his throat.

"Why on earth did you not tell me this as soon as you saw me?! Why am I only now being informed of this, huh?!" I said angrily, my arms flying around. Xavier caught my arm and pulled me  down back onto the bed. He held me down and lifted my arms above my head.

"Because you were and are more important to me."

"Mhmph," I huffed and looked to the side of his face.

He brought my face back around to face him and then leaned down and kissed me slowly. I groaned as I was annoyed at myself for failing to stay mad at him. How could I when he kisses me like this.

Damn him and his lips!

He reluctantly stopped kissing me but his mouth still hovered above my lips. Our noses were brushing and our eyes didn't stray from one another.

"I hate you," I whispered.

"And I love you."

"Stop it, I'm trying to be mad at you." I huffed out, fighting my smile.

He grinned down at me, as he knew exactly how I was feeling and how desperately I wanted to smile up at him.

"Is there anything else you need to tell me?" I said trying to distract him and well myself.

"All the packs are going to start arriving from tomorrow. There are over a hundred of them."

"That many," I said in awe.

"Yes and so there is going to be tents set up to house every one else who won't fit in the castle. We are also going to have to train every day and come up with a battle strategy."

"Do you think we'll stand a chance, the full moon is in four weeks?" I asked hesitantly, a bit afraid to find out.

"Our numbers are looking good but remember the spell casters have magic and they can be ruthless when they want to be."

"Oh I am fully aware of just how ruthless they can be." I said my eyes turning into slits, my mind moving straight to the dark cell.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean t-" Xavier said hesitantly as he knew exactly where my thoughts were going. I reached up and touched his face.

"It's fine I just get angry, when I think of them."

Just as I said that we both jumped from the sound of urgent knocking on the door.

We both stared at each other a bit alarmed. My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when I saw the door begin to open.

Everything went into slow motion as it inched wider open and I looked fearfully at Xavier. We were both naked and someone was about to walk straight through the door!

"If you open that door, I'll have your head!" Xavier said in his Alpha voice. The door immediately stopped and then a hesitant voice rang out from behind it.

"Ah...please don't kill me, it's Luca..."

"Yeah I figured it was you when you opened your mouth Luca. What made you think you could barge in here?" Xavier asked whilst still seated next to me on the bed in a monotonous voice, his arms crossed over his chest.

I was looking between him and the closed door in bewilderment as they continued their conversation.

"I wanted to check if the Luna was okay and if she knew where you were."

"She's fine and we will be down there in a few minutes, gather the council we have things to discuss."

"Ah...so that means you're staying?"

"Yes."

"And...um...should I invite Killian to this meeting?" I looked at Xavier and watched as he squinted his eyes. I could practically feel Lucas discomfort at the whole situation and especially having to ask about Killian.

There was a pause and then Xavier said,

"Unfortunately Killian won't be able to attend seeing as he's dead."

——————————-

I know I said I'd update in early September but oh well here I am

Also plz go show TAK some love on Dreame I literally turned down an exclusive contract with them so that I could continue updating for you guys on here and you wouldn't have to pay

So plz if you do have the app just add the book there you don't even have to read it cuz it's the earlier chapters 🤪

Anyways an update may take some time  cuz I legit am still writing exams and it's stresssssssful as hell

Till next time x