Chapter 40

Dedicated to @jenna712 for voting and commenting

Kathryn, practically flew up the stairs and into Xavier's arms. If Xavier wasn't a werewolf he would have flown backwards with the force at which she threw herself at him.

Xavier reluctantly hugged her back and I watched in silence as she squealed some nonsense. I didn't react, I mean Xavier told me they were just friends and from what I gathered he didn't like her that much. I don't even know why I was getting jealous, I just was.

Xavier pried her hands off of him and moved closer to me. As soon as he put his arm around me Kathryn finally decided to acknowledge me.

We made eye contact and her blue eyes practically stabbed me, however, her smile was as bright as the sun. She was probably trying to burn me with it or something. She clearly didn't like me but I was used to not being liked so I couldn't care less.

"Xavi, is this one of your flings, hmmm?" As she said those words, her eyes narrowed in on my neck which I'm sure was sprouting hickeys. Boy, did I want to shove a potato down her throat.

Xavier was about to say something but I cut him off and instead I smiled brightly down at her and said,

"Unfortunately not Sweetheart, but I am his mate and your Queen Luna. So I suggest you bow." Yikes, my bitchy side clearly decided to make herself known. I inwardly cringed, maybe that was a little mean.

I could feel Xavier's eyes on my face but I paid him no mind and continued to look at Kathryn who had a shocked expression on her face.

Her doe eyes were as round as tennis balls and her plump lips were wide open. She blinked once, twice and then turned to look at Xavier.

"She's lying, isn't she, Xavi!"

"No, she is not." Xavier said in a clipped tone.

"She must be! She's probably tricked you! Like- like a witch or something!"

Seriously...

"Kathryn, enough of this nonsense. Now bow before your king and queen so that we can go and have breakfast. My mate is hungry."

Kathryn went red. Her cheeks puffed out and her eyes were practically burning with rage. She couldn't refuse Xavier's command and bitting her teeth she briskly bowed before us.

I honestly don't like people bowing to me but in this moment, right now, I couldn't have loved it more. I don't know why but I really disliked  her. I don't know if it was because I knew she was lusting after my mate and my wolf and I were were not having that or if it was because she was so rude to me. It's probably both.

We made our way down to breakfast and I almost had a mini panic attack at the amount of wolves that turned to look at us  as soon as we entered the dinning room, which was almost as big as a ball room.

A massive, long table went from one end of the room to the other and werewolves were seated at almost every chair, plies of food littered its length.

The entire hall went silent and then they all abruptly stood up. I felt Xavier take my hand and I was so grateful. He lead me along and soon we were at the head of the table. The table was so big that there was two chairs at the head and not one.

Xavier pulled both of them out and stood in front of one of the chairs and then he pulled me right next to him and in front of the other chair.

"I have brought you all a gift." Xavier's voice boomed out from next to me. He stood tall and powerful as he looked on at his pack members who were giving him their undivided attention.