Chapter 52

Recap:
"And...um...should I invite Killian to this meeting?" I looked at Xavier and watched as he squinted his eyes. I could practically feel Lucas discomfort at the whole situation and especially having to ask about Killian.

There was a pause and then Xavier said,

"Unfortunately Killian won't be able to attend seeing as he's dead."

————————

My mouth hung wide open as Xavier uttered those words. Luca blinked and then looked at me. I just stared back at him in equal shock. There was an uncomfortable silence where Luca and I were processing this news and Xavier just remained seated on the bed.

"Wow you should see your faces right now."

I turned to look at Xavier in horror at his uncouth words.

"Xavi-"

"Calm down love, he's not dead, I just sent him away to do something for me. He will be back soon."

"What!" Luca and I both said in unison.

"Why on earth did you say he was dead?" I asked him angrily. He made me almost have a heart attack! Who says something like that?

"I don't know I guess I was picturing him dead. Moving on, Luca you are dismissed, unless you'd like to remain standing there looking utterly ridiculous."

"Ah...yes of course Alpha." He said quickly and then bowed and left, closing the door on his way out.

"Xavier Decesare, what is wrong with you? You do not go around proclaiming your Delta is dead and then insulting your Beta." I said furrowing my eyebrows and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, come on, your face was priceless."

"You are despicable." I muttered and made to get out of the bed.

"Ohhh but you love me." He sang as he flopped back down onto the bed. He laid there with his arms crossed behind his head, cheekily grinning at me.

He then had the audacity to rake his eyes all down my body, moving from my eyes all the way down to my feet. I blushed profusely when he licked his lips. I gaped at his hunger filled eyes.

"Xavier, snap out of that! We have work to do, a war to plan." I said trying desperately to make him stop looking at me like that. I could feel the heat spreading all over my body where ever his eyes landed.

"I have other plans in mind."

"Keep dreaming."

"I will, as long as you're in them."

This man is going to be the death of me.

I just rolled my eyes at him and went straight into the bathroom.

After Xavier and I were dressed and ready we left our bedroom and went straight to the boardroom of sorts. His officials and generals were all seated as well as Luca.

We made out way past them and to our seats at the head of the table. Every single pair of eyes were on us both. I'm not sure if it was because we were technically in charge here or if it was our now very distinct mixed scent, which could only mean one thing...How embarrassing, I just want to crawl under the table and hide my face for eternity.

I was just about ready to die of mortification at the fact that every single person in this room knew exactly what Xavier and I were up to last night where as Xavier was  acting as normal as ever, in fact he seemed even more confident if that were possible and well smug. I narrowed my eyes at him in my mind, that little devil.

"I'm sure you are all wondering where I have been these past few weeks and to put it simply, I have been building an army. I know we have one of our own but I fear it will not be enough.

There is a war coming, as you all know, however, it is coming sooner than you all thought. We will be going to war with the spell casters in approximately four weeks."

All at once everyone began to talk in raised voices, their shock evident.

"Silence," at Xavier's command the room quieted immediately.

"I know it is a shock to you all but I assure you that we will be ready, not matter what it takes, we will not be defeated! The rest of our army will be arriving shortly."

Xavier stopped talking for a moment, scanned the room then looked directly at one of the men present.

"James, I need you to make sure everyone has accommodation and that the packs are all situated in their correct areas." James nodded and Xavier's eyes moved around the room again to a lady seated at the far end of the table.

" Layla, you will be in charge of the food, make sure everyone has enough food and only food that will benefit them in battle, do you understand. We can not afford wastage and we need our warriors to remain fit and in the best health." Layla nodded.

"Reagan, you will be in charge of the weapons. You know exactly what needs to be done, I shouldn't have to remind you."

Xavier continued to assign jobs to everyone and I was slightly shocked at how he had thought of everything and had made sure every aspect was covered and everyone had a job to do. I couldn't help but feel a little incompetent.

I wanted to help, especially with making decisions but I wasn't petty that he hadn't included me in these kinds of decisions because point blank, I didn't know, so how could I help? I was upset at the fact that I didn't know and I guess it was a bit late for Xavier to start teaching me how to be a Queen because there was a war at our doorstep. 

However, I was the one in charge when Xavier was away and the pack didn't fall apart, thinking about that made  me feel slightly better about myself but not a whole lot.

After everyone filled out of the room, it was just Xavier and I.

"I know what you are thinking and I don't want you to get upset." Xavier said as he flicked through some papers on the desk, his eyes downcast as he spoke to me.

"What? I'm not thinking anything."

"I know you, your head is filled with thoughts right now and I'm pretty certain I know what they are about."

"You'll only know if you read my mind." I shot back in defence, he knew me too well.

"Victoria, come on, speak to me," He said as he looked away from his papers and up at me.

"I'm-I just can't help but feel kind of useless. I don't know much about war or how to plan one or run one. I-I can't help but feel useless and as if I'm not doing my job. I don't even know what's in my job description right now?!" I sat down opposite him and out my head in my hands.

"Love, please don't be upset by that. How can anyone expect you to gain military knowledge over night? It isn't possible and with time you will watch and learn and you won't be alone I will teach you everything you need to know and anyone in the pack will help you."

I looked back at him and saw that he meant every word. I know for a fact that Xavier will do anything to help me and so will his pack. It warmed my heart immensely, knowing that I had people who actually cared for me now.

"I know, thank you. One more question."

"What is it?"

"Who is would be able to continue my training, now that Killian is gone?"

"I'll do it and when I can't I'll get Luca to fi-"

The door burst open as one of the werewolves rushed in. Xavier and I both turned to look at the man who was wheezing and clearly alarmed.

"Alpha, Luna, there's been an attack on one of the packs!"

———
Sorry for the wait x

Go check out my poetry account on Instagram: l_a_c_u_n_a_
Plz continue to vote comment and share