Chapter 43

Everything aches, my back, my arms, my head, everything.

The sun had set long ago and the moon was now shining proudly down at me from its place in the darkened sky.

I dragged myself out of the forest and into the castle, up the stairs and straight into the shower.

The hot water eased my sore muscles and I felt myself sink into the comfort of the feeling and relaxed slightly.

I closed my eyes and tilted my head up at the water. What a day, I thought.

If Killian was going to make me do ridiculous things like that I don't think I could handle it.

My mind drifted to Xavier and I wondered if he was okay and if he had eaten. I wonder what time he will finish up his work? Probably in the early hours of the morning. I think he's been sleeping in his office.

Turning of the taps I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I padded tiredly towards my closet and slipped into my pyjamas.

I practically threw myself onto the bed and before I knew it I fell into a dreamless sleep.

*********
I jolted awake at the sound of my alarm ringing. I sprung  up of the bed and threw the covers back, looking at the time I screeched as I had only ten minutes to get ready and meet Killian in the forest.

I threw on some gym clothes and sprinted out of the silent house. Everything was so quiet that every sound I made sounded so much more louder.

I made it into the clearing with ten seconds to spare. Breathing heavily I bent down and rested hands on my knees, trying desperately to catch my breath.

"You're late," Killian stated from in front of me. I looked up and saw he had his arms crossed in front of him and a scowl on his face.

"No, I'm not. I have ten seconds to spare."

He rolled his eyes annoyingly at me and said,

"You are going to run from here to the house and back fifty times as a warm up, begin."

I really hate him.

Turning my back onto him I took off towards the so called house, it was a freaking castle but whatever. My legs began to burn around sprint  number twenty six and by the time I miraculously managed to finish I thought I'd pass out.

Killian observed my exhausted form and smirking he demanded I give him a hundred push ups.

Gritting my teeth I obeyed and got into the position of a push up. The gruelling exercises continued for hours, until at one point I just went numb and my mind switched off.

I didn't know what time it was but I sure as hell knew where I was. I was lying on the cold snow, watching as my breaths made little air clouds as I heaved up and down.

I couldn't feel my body and my lungs were burning. I laid there on the snow for about an hour watching as the sun set.

Killian had left me here to rot after practically forcing my body to kill itself.

Every time I thought I couldn't handle it and I just wanted to quit I'd think of my goal and Cadmer and all that I've endured and it was nothing, absolutely nothing compared to a few hours of training.

It made me feel as if my very bones were made from steel and it gave me the strength I needed to continue.

I lifted myself up from the snow cold ground and dusted the snowflakes off of my clothes and from my now cold face.

The cold felt good. My body had been burning just minutes ago and now it felt chilled. If I was human I'd probably get extremely sick. I dragged myself towards the castle and up those same stairs, straight into the shower and into the bed.

For the next three  weeks that became my routine. Killian would make me do all sorts of bizarre things until I practically dropped from exhaustion. I could feel my muscles becoming stronger however, and it felt amazing.

It was on the third day of the fourth week however when things took an unexpected turn.

I had just finished doing a set of workouts that Killian had planned 'especially' for me when he attacked me out of nowhere.

I became so angry that I fought back with all my might and soon we became a jumbled mess of limbs and growls.

I don't know how but at one point I managed to gain the upper hand and I had gotten him on his back on the ground. I straddled his waist and tried desperately to pin his hands and get him to submit.

I growled it at his face and he just looked at me then and burst out laughing. I was taken by such a surprise at his sudden laughter because it was the first time I actually witnessed him laugh. Normally he'd just growl, scowl, frown or sneer at me.

My distraction gave him the perfect opportunity to get out from beneath me and that's exactly what he did. He flipped us over until  he was the one on top.

He laughed again in my face and pinned my wrist. Coming closer towards my face he said,

"You could never beat me, Weakling."

I narrowed my eyes at him and was just about to say something  snarky back at him when the loudest growl I have ever heard echoed throughout the clearing.

We both froze instantly. My eyes widened and I gasped as Killian was thrown off of me. I heard his body hit something and his sudden yelp. The growling continued and I was so scared to lift my head up and see who it was because I already knew the answer to it.

I laid there on the ground still in shock until the growing became so loud that I lifted myself into a sitting position.

Immediately, I saw Xavier. His eyes were switching colour from a blue so dark it looked black to a the lightest blue I've ever seen.

As soon as his eyes switched to that black he looked like a demon king. He didn't look at me as I looked on at him from the ground, his eyes were solely focused on Killian. Who was now getting up from the ground.

He looked at Xavier with wide eyes and then glanced at me. I think he silently pleaded for me to do something, well that's a first.

I looked back at Xavier and I really didn't think I could do anything to calm him down. He was beyond furious.

His muscles bulged from underneath his black shirt and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, where I noticed his veins which looked like they were about to burst.

"What.were.you.doing.on.top.of.my.mate!" Xavier said each and every word slowly and with every word his jaw clenched harder and harder.

Oh, we in big, big trouble now.

—————————————
I know it's been long! My deepest apologies!

Also RIP Killian, it was nice knowing you. 

Till next time

Xoxo xoxo