Chapter 24

* abuse, suicidal thoughts *
After the twentieth lash I was completely numb to the pain of the whip. My back was ruined I just knew, beyond recognisable. I didn't cry though nor beg for mercy, I never begged for mercy.

I knew even if I were to survive this or the infections I'd most likely get afterwards I would never completely heal not physically and not emotionally or mentally.

I was facing away from Cadmer so I didn't see his awful face, I bet he was smiling. He would count loudly after each lash and sounded happier and happier after every one.

I don't even understand how one could be so heartless and psychotic. What makes a person become like that?

I had to keep thinking of something other than the lashes or the pain my body was trying desperately to fight.

I was tied to a pole of sorts so it kept me up from sliding to the floor. Everything in me screamed to just lay down on the floor, close my eyes and sleep myself into a coma.

Every time I closed my eyes I was happy well as happy as I could get in this living hell. I would always dream of the same thing over and over again. It would always be about Xavier but he'd be in different places or doing something different.

I'd dream of stormy eyes and silky hair, his annoying arrogance and his overbearingness.
The thought of him gave me strength and I don't think I could of survived this long without constantly thinking about him and dreaming of him.

I'd lose myself in the way his eyes would change different shades of grey. How he could walk into a room and everyone would turn and want to get a look at him or shudder at his sheer power. They way he walked like he owned the very thing he was walking on.

The way he'd look at me.

The feel of his lips on mine.

The scent of him, so masculine and earthy. It always reminded me of the forest. The freshness and calmness.

'Fifty!' Cadmer shouted, clapping his hands.

The man who just whipped me walked around the pole and untied my hands. I immediately slumped to the floor my hands and knees pressing into the floor my bleeding, open back facing up.

Gods it hurt, I closed my eyes and tried to take in deep, deep breaths but it didn't help. I was yanked up by my hair and let out a whimper.

' Come on Kitten, I expected better from you. Already so pathetically weak and you only had fifty lashes, I was so lenient!' Cadmer said dragging me to where his chair was. He pushed me down into it and my back screamed as it made contact with the chair. But I dare not move, I was not up for any more lashes.

Cadmer stood in front of me smiling and told the man to leave us. But before he left Cadmer went up to him and whispered something I didn't catch into his ear. The man nodded once then walked out his hands dripping with my blood.

' Now Kitten it's time for your second gift! Oh this one I think you're going to really be surprised about! We've just got to wait but a moment and he'll be joining us!'

No! No, no, no, he can't possibly mean Xavier, does he mean Xavier?! Who could this man be that I'd be surprised to see other tha-

My jaw fell open as he walked in.

' How could you take him! Let him go, please, I promise I will do anything you say! Please just let him go I beg you! He did nothing wrong, it's-its me you want no-'

I was cut of by Cadmers hysterical laughing. He was bending over clutching his stomach wiping away tears that fell down his cheeks. He abruptly sobered up and it shocked me how he could go from laughing to angry to serious in the space of minutes.

He walked up to me and grabbed my face, he yanked the muzzle off my face.

' Sorry Kitten but I only got half of what you said, it sounded mostly like gibberish. But what I did hear was that you want me to let him go?!'

I didn't dare risk biting another finger of the sadist now that he was here I couldn't risk him getting hurt because of me.

I looked at him and saw he wasn't hurt, in fact he looked like he hadn't even been chained or thrown into a cell or anything. Guess I got the special treatment.

' Yes, let him go.' I said gritting my teeth.

Cadmer looked at me a smirk playing on his features as he walked over to him and swung an arm around his shoulders.

I furrowed my eyebrows at them.

' Why would I let the man who brought you right to me go?' Cadmer said.

I went eerily still. What, what did he just say?! My heart stopped dead in my chest! He's lying, he must be, he just wants to play his little sadistic games with me!

I don't believe him not for a second. Cadmer must of seen the expression on my face because he then said,

' Tell her Adam, tell her I sent you to spy on her from day one and that you orchestrated her capture! Go on tell her!' Cadmer was practically glowing, he was enjoying this far too much.

' I was sent to spy on you and that's what I did and I planned your kidnapping.' At Adams cold words I felt my heart break and I felt the dam break, tears fell freely.

I hadn't wept since I came to this hell hole not once not even when I felt as if I was already dead. Yes I cried form the pain of Wolfsbane or whatever they decided to do but never for myself, never for anything emotional I swore I wouldn't, I knew I couldn't help crying from the pain but I would be strong emotionally.

Now, now I was destroyed. How could my only best friend in this miserable world be the one to put me through this. I still didn't believe it.

It must be a sick nightmare and I'd wake up and the guards would come marching in and drag me of.

This couldn't be real.

But then Cadmer clasped Adam on the back loudly and it jolted me out of my momentarily shocked state.

' Why-why...how-how...could you?!' I managed to get out my face falling, my heart ripped to shreds.

Adam just looked at me expressionless and said,

' Because I am a spell caster and it was my duty. ' Cadmer still stood, arm around Adam grinning, ear from ear at me.

I couldn't take all of this, I just couldn't. Is this what my life is going to be like? Just when I think things are starting to turn around  I get things like this thrown in my face.

No one loved me, I really was alone and everyone hated me for some reason. A reason I don't even know, I must be an awful person then. That's the only thing I could think of. Why else would I be hated by everyone?

Maybe I deserve what I've been through and will continue to go through. Maybe this is my punishment for being an awful, pathetic excuse of a person.

Maybe it would be better if I close my eyes and just don't open them.

' Now Kitten your last and final gift, oh this one you are going to love.' Cadmer said smiling his face off.

—————————
Soooo who saw that coming? 🤭

Gift number 3 !!!!!!!

Vote and comment ❤️