Chapter 41

It's dark by the time the girls pick up their mess and head upstairs for bed. I help Danielle tuck them in before going downstairs with her and sitting in the living room.

I'm about to speak when the front door swings open. Nick walks in, wearing different clothes than before. Sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt.

"Sorry if I took too long. I stopped at home." He says casually, plopping down on the couch beside me.

"I should be heading to bed." Danielle says, winking at me. "Night guys." She says.

"Night." Nick and i say in unison.

I turn to him and he sits up straighter. "Hi." He says with a smile and I laugh.

"Hi." I reply.

He scoots closer so our legs touch and he wraps his arm around my waist. I giggle like a teenager, feeling my face turn red.

He presses his lips to my cheek and then slowly brings his lips to my ear, "I love you." He whispers, sending a chill down my spine.

I turn my face slowly, brushing our noses together. My breathing becomes heavy, and I can hear my heartbeat in my ears as he brings his other hand to rest of the opposite side of my waist.

"I love you." I say back and he presses his lips to mine, gently parting my lips with his.

I wrap my arms around his neck as he kisses me slowly, deepening the kiss. He pulls away to take a breath and rests his forehead on mine. I run circles on his neck with my fingertip, looking over every inch of his face as he watches me.

"You're so beautiful Trin." He says, brushing a piece of my hair back behind my ear and then rubbing his fingertips down my cheek. I close my eyes and sigh at his touch.

"Stay with me tonight?" I ask.

"Of course." He says.

He helps me with my crutches, and we shut off the lights and head to my bedroom. I go into the bathroom and change into my pajamas, and when I come back into the room, he's sitting at the edge of my bed. He smiles at me as I approach. I stand in front of him, focusing hard on balancing. I rest my hands on his shoulders and he grabs my waist, helping me stay steady.

I look down at him and he licks his lips before pulling me to him. I sit on his lap and kiss him quickly on the lips, pulling away. He smirks and grabs my face gently, pulling me back to him. He presses his lips back to mind, harder and more passionately. I gasp against his mouth and I can feel his lips curl into a smile.

"I love you Trin." He says, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I love you too." I tell him.

"Let's get some sleep, I'm tired." He admits, gently picking me up as he stands up. I giggle as he sets me down on my side of the bed, putting the covers over me.

He shuts the light off and then crawls over me, lying down beside me, getting under the covers too. He puts his arm above my head and I scoot closer, putting my head on his chest. I can feel his heart beating rapidly, matching the pace of mine at being so close to him.

"I did not expect my night to end like this." He says in the darkness.

"No?" I question, though I know what he is referring to.

"Nope. But I'm so happy this is happening." He runs his fingers through my hair and then rubs his fingertips gently down my cheek. I close my eyes and breath in his cologne. I could get used to this.

---

I feel an arm stretched over my stomach as I wake. I open my eyes and look over at Nick, who's lying peacefully beside me sleeping. I stare at him, for probably a little too long but I can't help it. He's just so handsome, all the damn time.

I lean over and kiss him gently on the cheek. He doesn't open his eyes, but his lips curl into a smile.

"Hi." he says, finally opening them. He's sleepy, and it's adorable. He's adorable.

"Hi." I say.

He shoves his face in the crook of my neck and wraps his arm tighter around me. "Can we stay here all day?" He mumbles.

"I don't see why not." I admit.

If i could stay like this with him forever, i would.