Chapter 37

Authors note:
I just bought tickets to the jonas brothers show in NJ and I do not live close to there hahaha anyone else going??? Thanks for reading and your feedback 💕

We arrive back at the house. I wait for everyone else to get off the boat first and then Joe comes and helps me out so I don't fall. He keeps his arm around my waist and I just use a crutch on one side.

"That was great." Kelly says, grabbing Nicks arm, "ready?"

"Ready for what?" Danielle asks.

"Oh we are just gonna go for a stroll." She says.

Nick shifts uncomfortably and doesn't make eye contact. Suddenly, some nausea is back.

"Oooh." Kevin teases.

"Oh cut it out. See you guys later." Nick says.

I bite my lip.

Okay, I'm bothered.

The four of us sit in the living room for a while, and I can't stop looking at the door. How long are they going to be gone? What are they even doing?

"It's getting pretty late. I'm ready to get some sleep." Danielle says. She stands up and sticks her hand out to Kevin, helping him up.

"Night guys." Kevin says.

"Night." Joe and I say in unison.

I lean on his shoulder, closing my eyes. "You tired too?" He asks.

"Mhmm." I mumble.

"Want to go to sleep?"

I sit up, "should we wait up for them?"

"Oh, Nick and Kelly? Nah. They will be okay."

"Okay." I say calmly, "let's go to sleep then."

I look at the door once more before following Joe into our room. He shuts the door behind us and grabs his pajamas.

"I'm just gonna change real quick." He says before going into the bathroom that's attached to our room.

I sit and wait for him but suddenly I hear a noise out in the living room. I hop up and go over to the door, opening it a crack.

Nick and Kelly walk in, and they both look irritated.

"Maybe you should sleep in your own room." Kelly says, crossing her arms.

"Fine with me." Nick says, and walks away. I shut the door quietly and turn around just as Joe opens the bathroom door.

"My turn." I say, going past him.

What was up with Nick and Kelly? What could they be fighting about?

I throw on a large tee shirt and shorts and make my way back to the bedroom. Joe is lying in bed, the covers pulled up on him hallway. His hands are behind his head and his eyes are closed. His curly hair resting on his forehead.

I get to the bed and sit down, making his eyes fluttered open. He looks at me and smiles.

I get under the covers beside him, and he inches closer to me. I inch closer too, putting my face on his chest. His heart beat is slow and steady. He's not nervous. Is he just so comfortable with me? Or is something missing between us?

"Goodnight Trin." He says, and with that I drift off to sleep.

The boys head out on the boat early, leaving us three girls behind to hang out.