Chapter 13

Authors note: thanks so much yet again for your feedback! Here is a very short chapter to make sure you guys know I'm still here. Big things are coming up in the next chapters so stay tuned. I'm not sure how much longer the story will be! I honestly thought no one would even read this story! So thank you so much!

Nick and I go out to the movies, a very cliche date but fun nonetheless. After we grab a bite to eat, we go back to his apartment to hang out. I was hoping we would be alone, not because I feel the need to be alone with Nick but because I was hoping Joe wouldn't be there.

I'm quickly disappointed when Joe is seated on the couch when we enter. Nick walks into the kitchen, leaving the two of us alone. I kick off my sneakers and take a seat on the recliner.

"Where have you two been?" Joe asks casually, looking up from his phone.

"We went to the movies." I say.

"I see..." he says.

"Where's Jenny?" I ask.

"Working." He says blankly, looking back to his screen.

"Cool." I say.

Nothing weird between us at all...

Nick comes back from the kitchen with three cans of cola, handing one to each of us.

"Thanks man." Joe says.

"No problem." Nick replies, taking a seat beside him on the couch.

"Are things all set with the bachelor party tomorrow?" Joe asks him.

Nick cracks open his soda and takes a sip before answering, "Yep, totally."

"Great."

"Isn't there supposed to be really bad thunderstorms tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah but I'm not gonna let that stop us." Nick says.

"It's gonna be so much fun." Joe says, "I have to go to the wedding venue before that tho, something about approving some of the decorations. Could you go with me Trin?"

"Uh for what?" I question, unsure if I want to be alone with him.

"I need a girls point of view."

"What about your fiancé?" Nick asks.

"She's busy, she wanted your opinion too." He says, looking at me.

"Uh sure." I say. I can tell by the look on Nicks face that he's uncomfortable with the situation, though I'm not sure why he would be.

"Cool, I'll pick you up tomorrow afternoon then." Joe says before standing up and leaving the room.

"Are you sure you want to hang out with him?" Nick asks, seeming nervous.

I raise an eyebrow at him, "why not? It's just Joe."

"Yeah but..."

"I told you I have accepted the situation." I say.

"Okay." He says, but I can tell he is uncomfortable. Why is it such a big deal to him?