Chapter 17

Explaining what it's like to kiss Joe for the first time is impossible. I feel my head spinning, my body tingling as he presses his lips harder to mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, never wanting to let go.

When we both need air we break apart, our breathing heavy against each other. He smiles and I smile back, closing my eyes and rest my forehead against his.

He kisses me on the cheek and brings my head to rest on his chest. His heart is beating really fast along with mine.

"This feels like a dream." I admit.

"Well If it is a dream, I never want to wake up." He says.

"Me either."

He rubs my back gently and I breath in his cologne. I could stay here in the moment forever and be happy as can be. I love him with everything I have and I want to tell him that, but I think it would be too soon. Surely he knows that I love him, but it's not the right time to say it out loud.

I bring my face back to his and run my hand through his curly hair. It's so soft, just like I always imagined it would be.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you how I felt sooner." I say.

"We are here right now, there's no need to focus on the past." He says before leaning in and kissing me again, just a quick kiss but enough to drive me crazy.

Eventually we fall asleep. The sun shining in through the window at dawn wakes me up. I look over at Joe, he's still sleeping. I watch him for a moment before I get out of bed. I jump in the shower and get dressed before going back into my room. Joe is seared on my bed.

He smiles as I enter, "hi." he says.

I smile back, because how can you not smile when he does?

"Hi." I say.

"I want to take you somewhere." He says, standing up and walking over to me. He grabs me by the waist and pulls me to him, giving me a small kiss on the lips, surprising me. I still can't get used to being like this with him, not in a bad way of course.

"Okay. I'll go anywhere with you." I tell him.

"Good. Pack a bag. Enough clothes for a few days."

"Really?" I say and he nods with a smile.

A part of me is excited to go with him, but the other part of me knows what he's up to. He doesn't want to confront our families yet and I don't blame him. He just broke off his engagement and now he's with me. Whether his family is supportive or not, it will be an awkward conversation. Plus, how is Nick going to be around us?

He grabs my hand and we walk out of my place and into his car. We pull out of my driveway and head to a nearby cafe for a quick coffee and breakfast sandwich and then we are on our way again.

A long drive later, we end up on a long dirt road in a forest. I can't believe my eyes at we pull up to a beautiful tree house,white lights spiraling around the tree branches to light up the outside. There isn't another house in sight.

Joe gets out and opens my door for me. I get out and grab his hand that he holds out for me. "this is beautiful."

"Wait until you see the inside." He says, pulling me to the ladder. I go up it first and wait for him at the door. He unlocks it and we enter. He's right, it is just as beautiful inside. It's an open concept room, with a little kitchen in one corner and a huge bed in front of a window in the corner. The view out the window and into the trees is so cool.

"Wow." I say.

"I just thought maybe we could use a few days to ourselves before..." Joe starts.

"Before we have to face everyone?" I ask.

He nods, "you know my family loves you and always will. It's just going to be a surprise to them when they find out what's going on."

"I know. I get it Joe." I say.

He wraps his arms around my shoulders, pulling me to his chest. We stay like that for a long moment before pulling apart.

He tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear and I smile at him.

Authors note: sorry guys I've had some writers block but wanted to give you something! Thanks so much for all the views and comments and feedback! I so appreciate it!!! Have you guys watched the Jonas brothers documentary? I watched it tonight and it gave me some inspiration again! And again thanks for reading guys!! Love y'all.