Chapter 15: Home Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

Yusei tells Crow about the reasons why he went to New Domino City and what has been going on in the past couple of days.

"Wait, so Goodwin captured your friends and forced you in that tournament?" Crow questions Yusei.

"Yeah, and now I have to make sure they are safe. He also made Xina join the tournament also," Yusei tells him.

"Surprised Xina didn't win. Oh wait, I'm not," Crow jokes.

Xina punches his shoulder, making him squeal. "I would watch it, bird. Besides it was a draw, so technically it wasn't a full loss," Xina comments.

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever makes you happy," Crow jokes again, receiving a playful glare from Xina. Crow looks over at Xina, and Xina could tell from his grey eyes that he had something on his mind. This changes the mood as Crow asks Xina, "Where have you been all these years?"

Xina sighs, "It's complicated, and a long story as well."

"Therefore, she's not going to tell you anything. Believe me when I say she hasn't gave me much details either," Yusei tells Crow.

"You're making me seem like I am hiding something," Xina says with a light smile.

"Are you?" Yusei asks, looking over at Xina.

Xina got taken back from that question. She hums.

"You know, Xina, we are your pals, and have been since we were toddlers. You got nothing to hide from us. We will understand," Crow tells her reassuringly.

"I know," Xina starts. "It's just- all these years I've learned to cope with my emotions and hide them in order to keep others safe. I guess now it's just hard to express them again," Xina says truthfully. She then continues, "I can promise you guys when I say that I will tell you guys everything that I did and learned since I was gone. For now, it'll remain a mystery."

Crow and Yusei hummed as they understood. Crow places his hand on Xina's shoulder. "We're not going anywhere. We can wait until you're ready to share," Crow tells her.

Xina smiles at him, "Thanks."

Crow removes his hand from her shoulder and says, "So, how about we go check on Yusei's friends at their hideout?"

Xina and Yusei nod in agreement. Yusei then looks over at the streets to see it looks quite empty. He questions, "Crow, how come the streets are quite and deserted?"

Crow answers, "These creepy cats have been roaming around lately. Like down there, look." He points over to where there are two hooded people are leading a group of four people into a dark alleyway. "Those hooded people have these wacky teachings and round up followers. I hear they are gathering everyone deep down inside of Satellite."

"You mean underground?" Xina asks.

"Things have gotten weird here, Yusei and Xina," Crow simply responds. He continues, "Weirder than usual."

-

Crow, Yusei and Xina drive down a dark abandoned subway tunnel. At one of the stations, a group of people heard the sounds of their duel runners engines coming from the end of the tunnel.