Chapter 2: Girl's Night

Start from the beginning

--------------------------------------------------------

7 hours later

"So what can I get you. First round is on me" Brooke shouted over the loud music as we stood at the bar.

"I'll have a double Vodka and Coke please".

"Wahey. My girl is channelling her inner Queen".

I snickered loudly and watched as the bartender prepared my drink swiftly.

"And I'll have a triple Vodka and rum please. Here, keep the change".

Brooke turned away from the bartender and lent against the bar staring at me with the biggest smile.

"You're looking so good Eliza. Please tell me you're not with Kyle still".

"Here you go ladies".

"Thanks honey" Brooke winked as we both grabbed our drinks and simultaneously took a sip.

"Come, I got us special seats in the VIP section. We need a big catch up".

Brooke grabbed my hand and tugged me through the crowds and somehow up the stairs whilst I was happily swigging down my very very strong drink.

I could see Brooke turning back and her mouth moving, but the loud voices and booming music silenced any words that came out of her mouth.

Thankfully we had finally made our way into the VIP section and before I could utter another word Brooke pushed me down onto the soft sofa and turned to face me.

"So? You still with that uptight pompous jackass?".

"Brooke, he's not that bad. We've been together for three years. I love him"-

"Really? You love the way he controls you? Has a hold over you? You have so much more worth Eliza".

I gulped down the rest of my drink and collapsed back on the sofa.

"He can be a little possessive at times but he's a part of my life. My dad and him are so close. He was there for me when my mum died. He has imperfections, but he's a good guy who I love".

Brooke rolled her eyes and gulped down the rest of her drink before signalling over another waiter.

"We are gonna need some more drinks here".

Brooke whispered to the waiter who nodded and left with haste.

"Anyway, enough about that bastard, how are you? You're looking on the skinny side honey".

"I'm fine. Except, I saw something strange today".

"Oh yeah?" Brooke turned towards me giving her full attention to me.

"Hmm. So we were at the zoo today and Kyle had gone to get us some ice cream. Anyway, I went to look at the Wolf enclosure and there was one wolf who couldn't stop looking at me. For some strange reason, I felt safe and I wasn't scared".

Brooke placed down her glass and lent closer towards me with her eyes slightly widened.

"Then Kyle came back and suddenly the wolf went crazy. It was head butting the cage and growling louder than anything I'd ever heard".

"Damn, sounds like someone's been watching too much twilight" Brooke chuckled, yet there was a strange emotion in her unique looking eyes.

"Haha, funny" I mumbled unimpressed by her response.

"Hey ladies, mind if we join you?".

I let out a small scream as two strapping guys stood in front of us with smirks on their face.

I noticed that one of the men was staring straight at Brooke with a passionate lustful expression. I turned to Brooke who was also staring up at the man with her eyes wide open as if she had fallen in love at first sight.

"Hey! Mind if I sit next to you?" The other guy smiled at me with gesturing to the empty seat.

"Sure" I retorted back with a hint of confidence. This is what I called the Brooke effect. She always brought me out of my shell. Even though I was a taken woman, it didn't mean I wasn't allowed to talk to guys.

"My name is Ryan, what's yours?". He held out his hand and I instantly placed my hand in his shaking it firmly.

"I'm Eliza".

The man's eyebrows frowned and stared intently into my eyes.

"It's a nice name, but you look more like a Luna to me".

Brooke and the other man started to laugh as did Ryan making me frown. Was that supposed to be a chat up line or a joke of sorts. Instead of questioning the strange man, I simply laughed and took a swig of my refilled drink.