Chapter 43: Palace of the Rising Sun

"Did you enjoy?"

Sitting comfortably in the carriage as it trotted along the path back towards home, Feiyun spoke as she tilted her head up slightly, her eyes gentle and warm as she stared into the deep blue abyss.

"Mmh... I expected nothing less."

Leaning closer for a little taste, Tianhuo replied in a hush whisper, his eyes fixed onto hers. Those round, intelligent eyes could bring cities to crumble and fall before her, hiding so many secrets that even Tianhuo didn't know what else he could expect from her.

Using the other hand of his, he lifted her chin and swooped in slowly. The two locked together as his tongue ravaged her sweet mouth, not stopping for a breather until a moment later.

Pulling a part for a quick breather, Feiyun's appearance of flushed red cheeks and misted eyes were igniting a fire within Tianhuo and he could only restrain his urges.

" Tired?.."

Trying to change the topic to keep his minds off the urges. Feiyun shot him a helpless naughty look as she gasps for air, this man, was he asking if she was tired from the kiss or from everything in general. Such misleading words.

But without any delay Feiyun smirked as she nodded, her eyes flashing with deadly intent,

"Mmhn, this is only just the beginning. That's right, how about Ruyi?"

Just as her words finished, Ruyi's voice sounded from outside the carriage. Sounding more serious than before although it still held traces his foxiness.

"Princess needn't worry about it. I went to check and there are some worrying matters. But it is not safe to discuss this here. "

Feiyun frowned slightly in thought. Tianhuo simply observing his smart little princess, how could he ever get tired of his princess's ever changing expression.

"FeiQin."

"This one is here."

FeiQins clear voice sounded from outside. A trace of happiness and excitement. A brief moment of warmth flashed through Feiyun's eyes, after all FeiQin was the first person she met in this place and was also the previous Feiyun's close friend that she even regarded her as sworn sisters.

"How is it?"

FeiQin's voice became slightly happier as she replied,

"Yueliang Pavillion is ready. Master just needs to give the order."

The corner of Feiyun's lips curled, her amused expression cause a small smile to unknowingly appear on Tianhuo's lips.

This little lioness preferred to do the hunting than to count on the help of others. If his little lioness want to play, he would let her run wild and free, after all with him behind there's no way he would let her get hurt.

"Tianhuo... The revenge we seek, I won't rest with letting those fools have a quick death. Layer by layer only then will they suffer so much that death becomes their only saving grace."

Pulling her closer into his embrace, Tianhuo simply nodded and hummed in agreement.

Somehow when faced with those resolute eyes of hers, he felt he could leave it to her.

After witnessing the play she presented to him. To think that she managed to pull off such a big scheme in a span of a few hours. Even playing by ear when unknown variables popped up, she actually spun it into a plot only she could tell.

If Tianhuo didn't watch from the start to finish with his own eyes, there was no way he would believe she pulled such a stun off with such little time to prepare.