Chapter 9: The Huntress

The hall was filled with chatter, smell of the delicacies in the air. The eunuch at the entrance saw Tian huo and Feiyun approaching. His back immediately hunched, he took out a handkerchief to wipe his sweat. 

"Imperial 4th prince, Xing Tian Huo and Princess Consort Fei Yun have arrived." 

The hall instantly fell silent,  bowing their heads and greeted the two who are making their way down towards the dragon throne. Tian Huo and Feiyun did not put the other guests in their eyes, they only held their head high. TianHuo's cold aura and Feiyun's elegance, sending fear and admiration down the backs of all the ministers that the empress had invited. 

Among the various guests, Zhen Zhen and Qi Qi were sitting behind Concubine Xia. Zhen Zhen remained poised and elegant although her eyes were on the crown prince , discreetly sending him looks. 

While QiQi was clenching her teeth, staring at Feiyun. Ever since QiQi saw Tian Huo at the banquet, she had fallen for him. She did not care about the crown prince or any other prince, she only wanted the man that was so devilishly handsome. But the woman in her way was Feiyun, thinking about it, her anger rose even more. How could a cripple with a scar be deserving of her prince? 

The Emperor sat high up on the Dragon Throne, the Empress was sitting to his right and the Crown Prince to his left. The Empress had invited a big group of nobles and ministers, mainly the handful of ministers who wanted to push for Tian Huo to be crown prince. If they saw that Tian Huo married a wife who could not contribute to his power, they might change their support. She did not know that her plan had instead given Tian Huo more power than any other woman would be able to.

"Imperial father we are here to give greetings."

Tian Huo and Feiyun bowed down, their fist in front. The emperor coldly snorted, flicking his head to look else where. If Tian Huo would not kneel, he would not put Tian Huo in his eye.

The Empress could not contain her eagerness to rub salt into Tian Huo's wound. 

 "Did you enjoy your wedding gifts?" the Empress gave a benevolent smile, her voice gentle and caring.

Tian Huo looked at her, not saying a word. Instead he turned to his seat, pushing Feiyun along.  Then, he easily picked Feiyun off the wheelchair and sat her close beside him.

Seeing his intention, Feiyun did not feel embarrassed, instead she played along. She leaned against his arm lazily, the loving aura between the couple, stunning the people in the hall. 

If the Empress wanted to wed Feiyun to Tianhuo to spite him, then if the two were to appear happy and loving, it would seem that the Empress only helped Tianhuo. This action alone was enough to piss off the Empress.

However, the other people in the hall were in shock. They did not expect the rumored God of war to be able to love a woman. Don't even mention that his previous marriages ended in bloodshed. but now, not only was he pushing her wheel chair and carrying her to her seat he even willingly let her touch and lean on him. 

In the past, a low rank official's daughter had fallen in love with him and threw herself at Tian Huo. He immediately drew his sword and separated her head from her body in one clean sweep.

Tian Huo remained silent and merely picked the meat in front of him and place it on Feiyun's bowl. There was nothing wrong with the food and so Feiyun just ate it.

Seeing this, QiQi was burning with jealousy and anger. She bit her bottom lip. if she was to lash out now, she would only get dragged out. She did not have an identity to stand out in the palace with her current strength. but that did not stop Qiqi from scheming, wrecking her brain for ideas.