Chapter 14: Networking

"You'll never find another pill like this."

Feiyun proudly claimed while placing the bottle containing a single crystal pill into Tianhuo's hand.

Tianhuo raised an eyebrow, focused on the small pill Infront of him. He had seen all sorts of pills, ones so rare that people would kill one another for it. Most rare pills had distinct swirls and markings on it to identify it as a premium grade pill.

Yet he had never come across such a crystal clear pill with smooth surface that glimmered with a faint luster of blue.

"This..."

Tianhuo's voice trailed off as his interest grew.

"I took the Lanjing Lotus poison that you excreted and manage to salvage it. I manage to concoct only 2 pills, this one here is for you to use however you like."

Feiyun replied brushing a finger on the tip of her nose, seeing how stunned Tianhuo was, she felt even more happy.   

The Lanjing lotus was no longer in existence yet she was able to procure a pill, although it was just one single pill, it was still priceless.

Tianhuo was pretty surprised at her knowledge and skills. With a defeated laugh, he teased,

"Is there anything my Wangfei can't do?" 

Feiyun blushed at his hearty chuckle. such a melodious voice, deep like the ocean yet gentle like the water in a stream. His usually cold demeanor suddenly flashing a childish yet handsome countenance.

Tianhuo caught her red ears and pulled her into an embrace, his deep blue eyes staring into her clear bottomless eyes. Sending a rush of blood to feiyun's cheeks.

A sense of desire slowly kicked in as he grabbed her neck and slowly pulled her in, kissing her deeply, sucking onto her bottom lips as he brushed the tip of his tongue against hers. 

Just as Feiyun lightly moaned, a knocked came on the door startling Feiyun into pulling apart awkwardly and tiding her ruffled clothes that Tianhuo's fingers had fondled around with. Feiyun returned to the seat beside him and took a cup to her mouth, trying to hide her blush.

"Come in."

Tianhuo's voice was seemingly stern, a sense of annoyance mixed in between, his brows furrowed together while his eyes held a sense of impatience. 

'how come all these shadow guards have perfect timing? Tsk'

This was the first time Feiyun heard Tianhuo click his tongue she covered her mouth and giggled.

"This shadows greets Wangfei and Wangye."  

An greeted as both girls knelt on one knee with their right arm across their chest in salute, their heads both looking on the ground.

The fact that they greeted feiyun first instead of Tianhuo already showed who their loyalty belongs to.

Seeing the two girls who she had put under intensive training with Qinfei, a small smirk plastered on her lips. 

"An, Xu..."

Feiyun called their name in a commanding tone.

"This shadow is here."

The two girls replied in unison, ready for feiyun's command.

"Kill." 

Feiyun's slender finger pointed towards Tianhuo who was silently sipping his tea, her cold command ringing out in the silent hall.

Surprised by the order, An and Xu felt a weight press on their hearts after all Tianhuo was their saviour but they still acted without hesitation, pushing their guilt to the back of their heads.